• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Loaded Potato Soup

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Looks great Jake! It's about time that I make another pot. I pretty much do this the same. Except I add a pack of lil smokies and hot sauce.
Thanks steve. I hit mine with hot sauce from time to time. Lil smokies sounds interesting

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
We make ours in a pot on a induction plate so the temp stays really steady and not burn, diced city ham smoked for a little while adds another layer of flavor, hard to stop with 1 bowl lol , not sure I have enuf will power to wait on the crock pot .
We've added ham before and was tasty. This recipe can definitely be adapted for the stove top

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
TNJAKE TNJAKE Looks excellent! I'll just pop a extra cholesterol pill the day we make this. I'm bookmarking it.
Jim

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Awesome looking soup Jake! I don't make too many cream based soups but I sure could put a bowl or three away!

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
you had me at loaded! looks like a greet bowl!

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 18, 2017
Dang that looks good! And its cold this morning....would really hit the spot. Ivy makes one in the crockpot very close to this. Unfortunately she has been staying away from carbs so I doubt she'll be making any soon.

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Awesome looking soup Jake! I don't make too many cream based soups but I sure could put a bowl or three away!
Thanks Joe. GaryHibbert GaryHibbert says the unsalted butter cancels out the unhealthiness of the heavy cream. Give it a try lol

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Dang that looks good! And its cold this morning....would really hit the spot. Ivy makes one in the crockpot very close to this. Unfortunately she has been staying away from carbs so I doubt she'll be making any soon.
Thanks Travis. Maybe you can talk her into a cheat day lol

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Looks great Jake but I will pass not much on taters. But will take sweet taters just about anyway you fix them.

Warren

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
Jakes fault lol , picked up the fixens for a batch this afternoon , xtra pill time lol

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Jakes fault lol , picked up the fixens for a batch this afternoon , xtra pill time lol
Lmao nice. Just had a bowl for lunch. Smokin a chuck roast and smoked bacon mac n cheese with.....you guessed it....heavy cream. At this point I'm just mixing BP meds right into my rubs lol

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Definitely soup and chili seasons for the next 6 months or so.
You made a home run.
Wife made tater and leek soup last week.
I made a batch of chili that is not her liking, so I get it all. Yum

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Looks good Jake! I book marked it as well to do soon!

Edit: Do you add bacon into the soup or just top it with after you make a bowl?

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Definitely soup and chili seasons for the next 6 months or so.
You made a home run.
Wife made tater and leek soup last week.
I made a batch of chili that is not her liking, so I get it all. Yum
Thanks bud. I love leeks. Care to share that recipe?

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Looks good Jake! I book marked it as well to do soon!

Edit: Do you add bacon into the soup or just top it with after you make a bowl?
Thanks John. I just crumble it over top of my bowl. Mix it in then hit it with more lol. If you add it while cooking the bacon will get soft

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Thanks bud. I love leeks. Care to share that recipe?
Wife adapted recipe from Once Upon a Chef
She used my home made chicken stock in place of store bought.
She doesn't puree to leave more texture. Mashed a few of the taters and added about 1 Tbl of potato starch to give it the consistency of pureed.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.