Liquid Gold(Aus Jus)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dj mishima

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Canton, MI
I just did a 10 lb pork butt yesterday. If I can get around to it, I'll do a write up.

I already vacuum sealed and froze the pulled pork into 1 lb portions with a healthy splash of aus jus collected from the pan. I still have a bit left over. I also saved the smoked lard. I can't bring myself to throw that stuff out even if I have no plans for it.

My question is what to do with that magic pork jelly? I have a bit left over. I was thinking about freezing it until the next time I do another pork shoulder. I could use it for an injection. But I was wondering if y'all had any other ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: JLeonard
When I vac sealed the leftovers (vac sealed per family serving boneless and bone-in shoulders I did last week, I added 1 good spoon full of the "jelly" per vac seal bag. I reheated some last week for sandwiches and it was awesome! It really helped and was a lot more flavorful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 02ebz06
I freeze mine in disposable containers. I just got out a thing of smoked beef broth for a project today. Another great idea folks do is freeze in an ice cube tray then freeze the cubes for use.

Reactions: DemonPit
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky