Leftovers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nick-IA

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 18, 2020
If you guys are anything like me, when you smoke, you make plenty. And that means leftovers. For me, creating meals with leftovers is almost as fun as the initial cook.

Let's hear some of your favorites! One of my go-to leftover meals is nachos, either with pulled pork or smoked chicken. Here's some chicken ones I made today with pickled onions, jalapenos, roasted red peppers and a couple cheeses.

8F14117A-0739-40F7-8169-63C541A5C857.jpeg

Sure looks good to me! But I have also been too long in the combine...probably gain 10 lbs now that i can eat regular meals!

Ryan

Pulled pork turns into carnitas, tacos, buritos, and tortilla soup.

Tri tip into fajitas, stroganoff, chili, and vegetable beef soup.

Chicken and turkey into soups, pulled meat, tetrazzini, sandwiches, and a bunch of different casseroles.

Brisket goes into chili or sandwiches. Man I love brisket sandwiches.

Great ones! I do the same with brisket, also do brisket baked beans. One of my favorites.

Reactions: JC in GB
My crew pretty much likes the meats as they are. They will eat Pulled Pork in sandwiches until it's gone. I don't re-purpose much at all. Occasionally, Pork Chili Verde, or Texas Red from Smoked Chuckies...JJ

Pulled pork turns into carnitas, tacos, buritos, and tortilla soup.

Tri tip into fajitas, stroganoff, chili, and vegetable beef soup.

Chicken and turkey into soups, pulled meat, tetrazzini, sandwiches, and a bunch of different casseroles.

Brisket goes into chili or sandwiches. Man I love brisket sandwiches with coffee.
These are great!

Last edited:
Chicken and pork into enchiladas, flautas, tacos, and burritos
Beef into quesadillas and French dip sannys. RAY

I used my last pack of pulled pork to make posole. It was simply fantastic.

Fear not, I did 2 pork shoulders yesterday to replace it. Made them with a generic seasoning so I can use it in a wide variety of dishes.

I use pulled pork for tacos, breakfast hash, as well as the more traditional sandwich. Adding nachos to my repertoire.

posole 2.jpg

JC :emoji_cat:

Leftover PP is frozen to be reheated for sandwiches later but chicken or turkey is used to make stock for soups & gravy. Takes a few smokes to get enough stock for some of the recipes.

Looks Great, Nick!!!
I think anybody here will Vouch for the fact that everything I ever Smoke, Cook, or Grill has at least a couple days worth of leftover consumption following.
Like.

Check any of the Step by Steps I did here---Most of them show what I do with the leftovers near the end:
Just click on "Bear's Step by Steps".

Bear

Last edited:
I'm not big on eating the same thing two or three days in a row. So I freeze all leftovers for future meals. Single serving packs.

Chris

I'm not big on eating the same thing two or three days in a row. So I freeze all leftovers for future meals. Single serving packs.

Chris

Yup----I'm good for a 2nd night, and usually a 3rd night, but after that the rest gets vac packed & Froze, like the 3 month old Pulled Pork I had last night, and the 2 month old Thin sliced Sous V'd Eye Round Sammy I had tonight.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky