Leftovers into a Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gary Uk

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2018
I have been meaning to try making a fattie for quite some time now.
Was looking in the fridge and noticed a few things needed using up so i decided to throw them into a fattie
DSC_8717.JPG

I removed the skin from 6 caramelized onion sausages then rolled out and covered with bbq sauce.

DSC_8718.JPG

I lightly fried some onion, red pepper and mushrooms and placed on top

DSC_8719.JPG

I then added some chopped chorizo and sliced jalapenos, i also added grated cheddar cheese but in my excitement forgot to get a picture.
The rolling was a bit of a challenge, a bit heavy on the filling but i managed to scrape some out and get a decent roll.
DSC_8720.JPG

I cooked at 240 for just under 3 hours and pulled at an it of 167
DSC_8721.JPG DSC_8722.JPG

DSC_8723.JPG

Was very pleased with the end result

What is a carmelized onion sausage?

They are shop bought sausages with that particular flavour
I thought it would add some extra to the fattie.
i'm planning on trying out various sausages to see which work best

Came out very nice, especially for "leftovers!"

Does anyone else's bacon look that good, I mean uncooked? The bacon I get, even at the high end, is fattier with less meat.
The UK's versions of Bacon are very different Kris. Most of it is Rashers, which is back bacon. Though I doubt this is back bacon <It looks like streaky bacon to me> In general I have found UK Bacon to be much better then American stuff. I actually want to try and use my own maple back bacon <if it turns out good> for a Fatty. It won't be woven, but I'd like to think it might still be yummy.

Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
Gary that is a fine looking fatty. Nice job.

Point for sure.

Chris

Tom is correct the bacon i used are streaky rashers.
And yes I would agree about UK bacon being good, I have been to many country's and have never found bacon as good as back home.

Reactions: KrisUpInSmoke
Tom is correct the bacon i used are streaky rashers.
And yes I would agree about UK bacon being good, I have been to many country's and have never found bacon as good as back home.
I'm trying to make my own rashers ;) I actually think they'd be viable to wrap around a fatty!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky