Lea & Perrin teriyaki

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
FYI, my wife found this at Wally mart and went back tonight and bought all 4 in the store. It’s not as sweet and has a whorechestersire flavor, how ever you spell that. She it putting it on wings. I never really loved teriyaki until now

Attachments

• 99AE7BA5-AD98-4682-A189-B49D2C4210CC.jpeg
    99AE7BA5-AD98-4682-A189-B49D2C4210CC.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 11
I clicked on your picture.
I had no idea Teriyaki existed in 1835. :eek:
(Hey, sez since 1835 on the bottle...) :rolleyes:

But I've always felt Lea & Perrins was a standard to go by.
I'll look for this stuff, Thanks!
(Not having much luck yet.):emoji_unamused:

Where Chester? Worcestershire. Hey, my spell check knows how to speel it. :confused:
Weird name Wor ces ter shire. Is it named after a town in Britain?

I think it is just easier to say "Lea & Perrins" .....

This ain't no downstream sauce.;)

Fun Fact... Teriyaki is dated back to the 1500's in Japan. The word refers to a Sauce, Teri or Tere, of cooked Soy Sauce, Sake and Sugar, reduced until thick, brushed on meat and Grilled, Yaki cooked...JJ

Reactions: SonnyE
Fun Fact... Teriyaki is dated back to the 1500's in Japan. The word refers to a Sauce, Teri or Tere, of cooked Soy Sauce, Sake and Sugar, reduced until thick, brushed on meat and Grilled, Yaki cooked...JJ

JJ without having to google it what is Sake?

I use kikkoman as it's what's readily available here and all I know.

Chris

JJ without having to google it what is Sake?

I use kikkoman as it's what's readily available here and all I know.

Chris

In Vietnam, Sake was called "Rice Wine".
We drank some out of a Crock that we had to drink with long straws, so you could get past the thick layer of Maggots on or near the surface. No, I wouldn't do it again!
Funny what you'll try when you're in a situation like that.

Bear

In Vietnam, Sake was called "Rice Wine".
We drank some out of a Crock that we had to drink with long straws, so you could get past the thick layer of Maggots on or near the surface. No, I wouldn't do it again!
Funny what you'll try when you're in a situation like that.

Bear

Boy, am I glad I was born in the 60's. Between that explanation of sake and a friend of mine at work describing his experience in Nam. I don't think I would have made it.

More power to you guys.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky