Late Night Grilled Chile Lime Pork Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I get off at 9:30pm so 10pm to 2am or even 4am is my evening.
When I get home I'm Jonesing for dinner, and often have a taco craving.
Times being tight it's an itch that usually only gets scratched on Friday nights.
And it's kind'a becoming a regular habit.

Decided on Grilled Chile Lime Pork for tonite.
Made the marinade off the cuff, and only gave it 1.25 hours to do it's work. (longer would be better)
Roasted some fresh Serrano chiles and made some Serrano Pico de gallo, mmmmm spicy!

pwaMmGZh.jpg
9EFah4hh.jpg

Tonite is my first time using the searing plates.
I set my temp at 400° hoping for a nice bit of char, and was rewarded well enough.

JcalngGh.jpg
GwxkRbOh.jpg

I had the pleasure of my night owl baby girl joining me for dinner at 12:30am.
She loves the divine swine and her Daddy's cooking too, she smelled it and came downstairs to the kitchen, "What ya cooking Dad?"
She said it had a spicy bite to it, Chipotle and Ancho chile, but the crispy edges and queso fresco smoothed it over.
Both of us being big time fans of a good sear or bark on meat, we both ate all the best bits right off the cutting board.
Not a huge fan of having her pic taken in her jammies.

XVOK8tTh.jpg
0Ywcpw9h.jpg
LMPdGJ7h.jpg
HifLaRRh.jpg

Last edited:
Bit of a hard time sleeping so just got up. This dish really woke me up in fact I would say Hell Yeah! Great taco John. What is the yellow in pico? Bell pepper maybe.
Thanks man.
Yep, bell pepper, lively color contrast and nice sweet flavor.
Hope ya get back to sleep.

Chile Lime Marinade
Estimated amounts, I just eyeballed what looked good at the time.

3T Chipotle, powder
1T Ancho, powder
1/2t Cumin, ground
1t Garlic, granulated
2T Honey
Zest and juice of a large Lime
Juice of a large Orange
1T Soy sauce
1T Worcestershire sauce
1/8c white vinegar
1/2-3/4c oil (edit, add ingredient)

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone for the replies and likes, very kind of y'all to stop by, take a peek and leaving a word or five.

Yes, the RT1250 is doing very well by me.
I wish I could slap more meat on it more often than I get to.
I still look forward to my first real smokes on it, nope I still haven't done anything like a brisket, butt, turkey or chuck.
So far it's been mainly low budget, high temp grilling.

My younger son and I just finished off the leftovers for a late lunch/snack.
Three tacos each and all the burnt edges were once again eaten off the cutting board.

Chop the pork, add some of the pico de gallo, a couple heaping tablespoons of crushed pineapple and leftover marinade.
Put it all in a pan over high heat and cook till the sugars in the pineapple and marinade boil down to a sticky glaze.
Reminiscent of Al pastor.
Dammit but I love tacos!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky