Lamb organ sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 3, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Never made this - we normally make a haggis-like product with the organs. Since i am working on a pig and make the house a mess i thought i'd use the lamb organs i had in the freezer.
20181115_095129_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Like i said: i know my way around lamb offal...stuffed in caulfat or something similar. I am not gonna reinvent the wheel so I will be using the same "spring" flavour profile: fresh parsley/chives from my sub 0 (C) garden and dill. No eggs since i will be freezing some of the sausage.
Also, some homini corn for improving the texture.
IMG_20181115_145849.jpg

What organs were used?...JJ

Lungs, heart, liver, one kidney.

I feel like i know why the question was asked so let me clarify: according to USDA lungs are verboten for human consumption. Please keep that in mind if you attempt this product.

Last edited:
I would eat the sausage. Something about lungs is still weird stuff. Kind of along the lines of eating Insects...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky