• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Labor Day weekend beef and pork

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
So for the weekend I went with pulled pork and another skirt steak.

Pulled pork was pretty basic.A 4lb boneless butt brined with nothing more than 2 parts water and 1 part Ocean Spray Cranberry/Blackberry (100% blend) and salt.Then with Jeff's rub minus most of the salt before going in the MES.14hrs later out it came probe tender at an IT 196 for a nap.Basic burger bun with a little store bought bbq sauce.Corn and airfried onions rings for sides.

The skirt was done as before:spog and into the MES until 115 IT and finished off on the Q.White flour tortilla and roasted peppers from the garden and mine was sprinkled with a little magic habenero dust.Roasted garlic/rosemary tater wedges for the side.

Took two 12" tubes with ground apple pellets for the pork and 1/4 tube(6") charcoal blend for the steak.

Attachments

Last edited:

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
That's a pile of some supreme looking eats right there. Nice job and a very gratifying weekend I'd say.

Robert

kruizer

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 7, 2015
I love pulled pork but have never made skirt steak. Gonna have to try that some day. Looks marvelous.

chilerelleno

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Looks like good eats to me, nice cooking.
Love me some grilled flank steak, and that magic habenero dust sounds just right.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.