Labor day Football kickoff weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gadgetman53

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
North Alabama
I'm planning on doing some baby back ribs, pulled pork, and chicken wings for the Bama vs. Michigan game.

Currently have butt in smoker. Only pic I've made:
18b1bb03-bdde-db1e.jpg

This pic was made at IT of 140. I pulled it off rack and put it in BBQ pan, put more rub on, and sprayed with some Cpt. Morgan's spiced rum to tuck it into bed. I plan on getting up early to check on it again.

I rubbed it with mustard and threw together a rub. I then injected with a mixture of dr. Pepper cherry and cpt Morgan's.

More to come

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I got a butt in now should be done in about an hr and then rest for a bit. Trying a couple different things as far as sauce and im using jj finishing sauce.

Looks like a good start. I can't wait to see the finished pics.

Well I didn't get enough pics during the process...

But here is the pork being pulled and after being pulled:

18b1bb03-d776-3768.jpg

18b1bb03-d790-57fd.jpg

I put a little too much cayenne pepper in the rib on the ribs (for those that are wimps) they were good to me:

18b1bb03-d7cf-a613.jpg

Lastly, I did two varieties of chicken wings: buffalo and garlic & parmesan. I didn't have enough time to smoke them, but they were good.

18b1bb03-d815-546e.jpg

18b1bb03-d824-8656.jpg

We enjoyed it. I got many compliments on the pork especially.

Enjoy the pics.

Everything looks great. Really nice bark too.

Thank you. I was impressed with that myself. Thought it looked closer to some of the good foods I've seen many seasoned members here cook.

I'm learning. Slowly, but surely.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky