Labor Day 2021

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Laborday Throwdown?

• Yes

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 1, 2008
Florida
Just throwing this out there to gauge the interest level as these do require alot of time on my part to do and Im glad to do it as long as we have the interest level to support it.

Would you folks be interested in doing a throwdown for LaborDay?

tenor.gif

In as well...

I’d be in for sure. I remember when I first joined there were many throw downs. Was one of the first things that sparked my interest in good pics and plating. I’ll throw in some local rubs for the prize kitty. Just hit me up closer to Labor Day.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I see a lot of comments of people working the Labor Day weekend. Maybe the submissions could be opened up to a 2 week period of time ending Labor Day? I participate in some challenges in some FB groups but one of be frustrating things often is a very short submission window.

I also agree that it should have a two weekend window ending on the day after the holiday for people that are traveling or have to work.

I'll gladly compete in the throw down judging/eating contest. I'll post my address, then contestants can overnight your submissions too me for judging .:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::emoji_laughing:

I'm not into food art, I'm into food tasting, so I'm out, good luck to those that enter.
I voted yes because I like seeing what people come up with .👍

Last edited:
Great Idea Brian and thanks in advance for the effort it will take. If the Theme sparks an idea, I'm in the contest otherwise, more than happy to be a Judge. These Throwdowns are fun either way.

And Guys, dont worry about having to work. Although I don't remember exactly, the Window to Cook and Submit is long enough for members who work weekends to have plenty of time to get their Entry Submitted. Below is the Rules from past Throwdowns to give you an Idea of how they work...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky