Label / Packaging Vac Sealed Gifts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
I realize this may seem silly, but I’m curious if anyone has any suggestions.

I have made venison jerky, pork jerky, beef jerky, smoked cheeses and will finish beef snack sticks tomorrow. These are all to gift to some of our friends for Christmas. Everything has been vac sealed.

Does anyone have any creative ways to label and/or package this up as gifts? And for people to know what they are eating?

Ive thought about sticking simple white labels on the packs and hair writing on them. While that would work just fine, I’m curious for more creative or fun ideas.

i buy the labels on sheets and design labels on the puter. print them off and apply

The Brand is Avery labels . They have free software you can download to work with their labels.

I use a permanent marker to write contents and date on the vac pak bag.
I don't use peel and stick as they tend to fall off in the freezer.

i recommend a Manila shipping tag attached by wire or cable tie (zip tie).
If your hand writing is not legible, use a computer generated label on the shipping tag.

I make snack packs for gifting. And my handwriting sucks. So I also use Avery labels and their software. The marker is temporary. It wipes off when I'm ready to package.

20201125_030907.jpg

i buy the labels on sheets and design labels on the puter. print them off and apply
I make snack packs for gifting. And my handwriting sucks. So I also use Avery labels and their software. The marker is temporary. It wipes off when I'm ready to package.

View attachment 475874

Thank you, both, Eman and Steve. Any pictures of your finished labels by chance? Sounds like a great idea.

If your handwriting is poor as is with most men, then a maybe you know a girl who could write the labels for you. Most girls I know take real pride in their printing/cursive skills. As for the cheese. When I give it out for presents I just trim the label off the original package and seal it in the vacuum sealed package. I only buy 6 or 8 oz blocks of Cabot cheese so this method works well for me. If you buy larger blocks and cut them down then obviously this wouldn't work all that well.

Chris

• Sad
Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky