Knives ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Just a suggestion, now's the time to pull out all those kitchen and carving knives and get them in shape for the upcoming events. You wouldn't want anyone to cut themselves with a dull knife or need to tear off a piece of turkey or ham.

To make it more fun, lets see those blades! You know your proud of them or at least how sharp you can get them so share!

Newer blades

004.JPG

Older blades

005.JPG

Steel

006.JPG

BTW I use pumice "wet" stones, hard stones, Diamond stones and a belt sharpener........ And my secret weapon is........

IMG_0431.JPG

My Pops old razor strop from when he barbered, back when he got out the service.

So you've been challenged, break 'em out, clean 'em up, and show us your wears!

Don’t have anything old (at least that’s useful). I do however have my “no one touches these but me” knives. Inexpensive, but they hold an edge well and touch up with steel is all that’s been done lately. I do need to probably work on my boning knife, which see the most use for my prep trimming/silver skin removal.
U8jg6Cv.jpg

ICs6DEr.jpg

will start with my Syderco Sharpmaker, but if that fails will bring out my KME

Last edited:
Nice Foam. I have some old knives from my grandpap. I will try to get pics tomorrow

I have a leather strop too, but I don't use it for kitchen knives. It is for my razors. I also have a bunch of stones running from about 800 grit to 12,000 grit which take care of both knives and razors.
DSC_0137.jpg

Some of the knives. There are more stashed around the kitchen. And one in my pocket.
DSC_0139.jpg

I have a leather strop too, but I don't use it for kitchen knives. It is for my razors. I also have a bunch of stones running from about 800 grit to 12,000 grit which take care of both knives and razors.
View attachment 412108

Some of the knives. There are more stashed around the kitchen. And one in my pocket.
View attachment 412109
Is that a Mercer set? I have a set I’m that type holder.

Just a suggestion, now's the time to pull out all those kitchen and carving knives and get them in shape for the upcoming events. You wouldn't want anyone to cut themselves with a dull knife or need to tear off a piece of turkey or ham.

To make it more fun, lets see those blades! You know your proud of them or at least how sharp you can get them so share!

Newer blades

View attachment 412094

Older blades

View attachment 412095

Steel

View attachment 412096

BTW I use pumice "wet" stones, hard stones, Diamond stones and a belt sharpener........ And my secret weapon is........

View attachment 412097

My Pops old razor strop from when he barbered, back when he got out the service.

So you've been challenged, break 'em out, clean 'em up, and show us your wears!
Did that today

Early birthday present to myself on Sunday.
Santoku 5" from Wusthof
wusthoff.jpg

Plus our 40 year old set of Ekco Arrowhead

arrowhead-1.jpg

edit
fixed (I think) thumbnail image of Santoku plus added added our Arrowhead set.

Last edited:
Don’t have anything old (at least that’s useful). I do however have my “no one touches these but me” knives. Inexpensive, but they hold an edge well and touch up with steel is all that’s been done lately. I do need to probably work on my boning knife, which see the most use for my prep trimming/silver skin removal.
U8jg6Cv.jpg

ICs6DEr.jpg

will start with my Syderco Sharpmaker, but if that fails will bring out my KME

I love those grips, I find them more comfortable in my hand. I have some Victorinox that I love like those of yours!

View attachment 412108

View attachment 412109

I didn't pull out the razors, Remember I said Pop was a barber back when Saturday was shave and a hair-cut day at the Barber shop. I shave with a straight razor while in the service.

Nice knives!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky