Knife transport

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rowdyrawhide

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Topeka, KS
How do my fellow smokers transport their butcher knives so that they aren't banging against each other during travel?  I have just been throwing my knives in a tool box and letting them bang together in the past but they were cheap garage sale knives so I didn't care.  In the last year I have purchased some nicer dexter's, victrinox, and henckels, I value these a little more, so any help would be appreciated.  They would be stored in such an item as well to keep them away from the rest of the family.  Nothing will make you cuss more than taking the time to sharpen all of the kitchen knives just to walk in and see someone opening up the latest amazon order or cutting  the wire ties off of the display placards for the kids toys. 
102.gif
head-wall.gif

Thanks 

Aaron

Iv seen a lot of professional chefs brining bags like this with knives inside. Usually tends to be a pocket for different size knives and a honing steel.

I too almost have a fit when I get a nick in one of my knives!

The nylon knife roll up is a great idea.

When I travelled more, and took my knives with me to events, I used old towels and a cheap tool box.   The "home boss" had sewn pockets into the towels and we could throw it in the washer whenever it got dirty.  It was similar to the current knife rolls. 

I have a friend who still uses his trusty ammo box and won't use anything else.

Whatever fits your budget and circumstances.  However, you can "hint" that Christmas, Anniversary, graduation, etc. is coming up soon.

Good luck!

I found a pro sharpener at a farmers market and he gave me all the sizes of cardboard covers that fit my knives for $3 - I still have them 4 years later 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky