Kings ford competition briquets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jakerz66

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Pequea PA
I have never used lump charcoal and have been using the Kingsford competition it is 100% natural is it any better or worse then the lump....

I've used the Kingsford Comp on and off for about a year now.  Usually because I can grab it at the grocery store.  It's not bad.  But I still prefer a good quality hardwood lump.

Just my $0.02

I have used Comp K for grilling and would use it again if the price came down a bit, I actually prefer Stubbs briquettes if I have a choice. All briquettes will create too much ash which can choke out the fire on long cooks, which is why many BBQers use lump charcoal. Like The Dude, I prefer lump.

Last edited:
I prefer lump also, but many times I buy regular Kingsford blue, it's hard to beat the price.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky