Kings ford competition briquets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jakerz66

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Pequea PA
I have never used lump charcoal and have been using the Kingsford competition it is 100% natural is it any better or worse then the lump....

I've used the Kingsford Comp on and off for about a year now.  Usually because I can grab it at the grocery store.  It's not bad.  But I still prefer a good quality hardwood lump.

Just my $0.02

I have used Comp K for grilling and would use it again if the price came down a bit, I actually prefer Stubbs briquettes if I have a choice. All briquettes will create too much ash which can choke out the fire on long cooks, which is why many BBQers use lump charcoal. Like The Dude, I prefer lump.

Last edited:
I prefer lump also, but many times I buy regular Kingsford blue, it's hard to beat the price.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky