• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kinda New!

Drum&Que

Joined Apr 12, 2019
Hey y’all! I’m still kinda new to this community but have been cooking for a little while now. I moved to NY Stare about a year ago and had a kid so I’ve been a little less active but that’s changing again.
Im cooking on and Old Country Wrangler and wondering if anybody has experimented with leaving the I side alone and just extending the stack to be about 6” shorter than the cook chamber.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Never thought about a short stack on an offset. I don't know.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
First of all, welcome to SMF!
I’m not sure what you are saying, but it sounds like you want to cut the stack off. I wouldn’t do that. However I would extend the stack on the inside down to the rack. You can get the supplies at HD.
Al

Drum&Que

Joined Apr 12, 2019
Hey Al! Thanks a lot! I’m definitely talkin about extending the stack. My stack is already at grate level but I’m talking about adding additional height to the outside of the stack for better draw.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.