Kielbasa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crazymoon

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 24, 2014
Great North Woods, NH
I needed some grill food so decided on some smoked kiebasa. Grabbed a pork butt at the going rate of 1.99/lb around here.
P1010022.JPG

Cut it up for grinding.
P1010023.JPG

I used the Mariansky recipe of salt,pepper,marjoram, sugar and garlic w/cure #1
P1010024.JPG

I stuffed into 35-38 mm casings
P1010025.JPG

Then into the smoker for some air drying time before slowly bumping the temp up to 170*. It took about 7 hours to get an IT of 154*
P1010026.JPG

They came out and hit the snowbank until the IT was 115* and then a bloom and were delicious! Thanks for looking ! CM
P1010030.JPG

Oh man does that look good,that isn't a bad price for boneless butt.I am going to try a beef/pork combo next batch I make.Points
Richie

Reactions: crazymoon
Nice work . Sure looks good . Like the final color . I bought a mix from sausage maker Polska Kielbasa . Makes a good sausage .

Wow do those look good! I just bought my first smoker and I'm definitely looking forward to reaching this level! Great job man, I'm sure they were worth all the time and effort.

Wow do those look good! I just bought my first smoker and I'm definitely looking forward to reaching this level! Great job man, I'm sure they were worth all the time and effort.
TN, You only need a stuffer and casings to get started,your local butcher will grind pork for you. You will be amazed how easy it is and the end product is usually(:)) fabulous!

Reactions: chopsaw
Those look great and I like kielbasa. Someday I will get into making sausage.

Point for sure.

Chris

"I used the Mariansky recipe of salt,pepper,marjoram, sugar and garlic w/cure #1"

I just Googled the Mariansky recipe and came up empty. Could you please post the ratios of spices you used? This looks very much like it's worth making but I'd rather not do it by trial and error if I can avoid it :-)

Thank you!!
Robert

"I used the Mariansky recipe of salt,pepper,marjoram, sugar and garlic w/cure #1"

I just Googled the Mariansky recipe and came up empty. Could you please post the ratios of spices you used? This looks very much like it's worth making but I'd rather not do it by trial and error if I can avoid it :)

Thank you!!
Robert

Robert, Here is the recipe for 11 pounds:
90 g salt
12 g cure #1
6 g black pepper
2.5 g majoram
19 g sugar
2.5 g garlic
Enjoy !!!

I see you used fresh garlic, I typically used granulated garlic and have wondered how much flavor I am sacrificing. My wife also keeps a jar of minced garlic in a juice in the fridge that I have considered trying some time.

"Robert, Here is the recipe for 11 pounds:"

Very much appreciated. I'm heading to make a batch now. Meat is defrosting as I type....

Robert

"Robert, Here is the recipe for 11 pounds:"

Very much appreciated. I'm heading to make a batch now. Meat is defrosting as I type....

Robert

Robert, Please tell us how your kielbasa turns out ! have fun

"Robert, Please tell us how your kielbasa turns out ! have fun"

Made it yesterday, hung in the fridge overnight, and it's on the smoker now. Been on for an hour and a half. Hopefully i'll get time to give a quick update before I head to my little pub this afternoon....with kielbasa in hand to share with friends :-)

Robert

"Robert, Please tell us how your kielbasa turns out ! have fun"

Made it yesterday, hung in the fridge overnight, and it's on the smoker now. Been on for an hour and a half. Hopefully i'll get time to give a quick update before I head to my little pub this afternoon....with kielbasa in hand to share with friends :)

Robert
Robert, Homemade kielbasa and a friendly pub , life is good !!! :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky