• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Kids first birthday = a reason to smoke 25+ lbs of meat!

rhaugle

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 10, 2015
Starting tonight, will be smoking a bunch of meat for a Bday party tomorrow night! I have an 18lb Prime brisket that I will put on tonight at 8pm. Then tomorrow morning, 3 racks of ribs.. 2 St. Louis and 1 Spare rib. Shall be interesting to see if I can get it all cooked to perfection! Will post pictures of the Brisket tonight before she goes on the smoke!   More to come...

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Sounds like a fun time!

Good luck!

Al

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Who needs a reason?:biggrin: Good luck 18# prime brisky I'm in!:popcorn:

rhaugle

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 10, 2015
Brisket Update:

18# brisket Pre trim

About 5 lbs lighter... post trimmed.

Seasoned withe S&P only. 

Took off at 1225am and wrapped with butcher paper. Did not get a picture of this as it was quite late, and I forgot. However, had a GREAT crust on it. At 7am It will have been on for 11 hours and sitting at 189 degrees IT right now.  More Brisket pics to come when I cut it up for dinner.... Next is the ribs. Pictures to follow!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.