Keep the music playing... What/Who Was Your First Concert ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was never much of a concert goer, but I believe the first one was the Outlaws in 79 at college. Then it would have been Lover Boy in the early 80s at the Montreal Forum.

Chris

Hall & Oates in 1984 with my Mom. Did get a grade school girlfriend the next day that also went to the show. Lasted about a week.

Reactions: nxcoastgiant
Jethro Tull at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis in '72.
They played the "Thick as a Brick" album in entirety.
At some point a joint was passed along from somewhere....

Reactions: bauchjw
That's where it all started John. We used to see the Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver, and Steve Miller bands for free concerts in Golden Gate Park, and then all the guys from Tennessee drove up and moved into the Castro District. RAY
I still have my LP's for all those fine folks!

Never been much on concerts but wish I had now, Randy Travis, early 90's I think, George Jones 2000's Chubby Checker 2000's Charley Daniels 2010's , I'm sure there's a few more I have forgotten.

I think it was 70 , I was 12, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band as they went by back than. at a Hippy love in . Me and 2 friends snuck in . It was weird, Lots of strange things going on.
It was a daytime thing at a rink in the neighbourhood lol

But first concert I paid Money for was Dr. Hook and the Med Show. 73/74 Fantastic time. All the band members ran off stage and let Dennis Locorriere by himself and he said now what do I do , so he sat there and sang Sylvia's Mother. One of the few songs I can play on my guitar.

David

Damn, some of you are older than I thought. Mine was The Cars in '81 or so, followed by Journey in the Carrier Dome. I've still got ticket stubs to 80 plus concerts since then. Today....couldn't drag me to see Bruce, Willie, or any other favorites if there are more than fifty seats in the house.....rather listen under the pavillion with the smoker going and a few friends. Guess I tired of crowds, but glad I liked them back then. Btw, Rush was the best ever in a large venue, but James McMurtry and John Prine in small settings were my favorite.

Reactions: JLeonard

I was 12 yrs old, my favorite Aunt and Uncle took me because they knew how much I like the bands playing.

Led Zeppelin, Derringer, and Judas Priest, a day I will never forget I was in Oakland CA July 23, 1977.

Check out the people. LOL!!!

Last edited:
As the title is asking... Who/Where/Year was your first live concert...
With/Without Parents ??

My first was
REO Speedwagon and Rainbow
Rochester War Memorial
1977 or 78
No Parents ...

I found This and started searcing through the archives... WOW.. Some of the concerts back then...
My first concert was Leon Russell 1974, that's a long time ago

1666720379787.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky