Just joined the WSM club

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BoilerBBQ

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 19, 2018
Madison, WI
I’m Adam from the Raleigh, NC area.
I’ve been reading this forum for awhile, but figured I should join since I picked up a WSM today. I started smoking with an electric roaster style smoker. I got decent results, but nothing too impressive and that thing sucked to clean. A few months ago, I came across instructions to smoke ribs on a Weber kettle. I was hooked after that! I’ve smoked a few things on the kettle, but keeping temp is pretty labor intensive, so my search for a used Weber Smokey Mountain began. I came across an 18” 1981 WSM for $25! The grates are in rough shape and she has a few dents, but overall pretty good shape.

Good choice, especially for the price.
I have the big one, and I also use it for cold smoking cheese using the A-maze-n pellet smoker.
Enjoy!

Reactions: YogiDog
Welcome from NY. I use a WSM22. Once you learn to adjust your vents, they hold a constant temp very nicely. Enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky