• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Just joined the WSM club

BoilerBBQ

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 19, 2018
I’m Adam from the Raleigh, NC area.
I’ve been reading this forum for awhile, but figured I should join since I picked up a WSM today. I started smoking with an electric roaster style smoker. I got decent results, but nothing too impressive and that thing sucked to clean. A few months ago, I came across instructions to smoke ribs on a Weber kettle. I was hooked after that! I’ve smoked a few things on the kettle, but keeping temp is pretty labor intensive, so my search for a used Weber Smokey Mountain began. I came across an 18” 1981 WSM for $25! The grates are in rough shape and she has a few dents, but overall pretty good shape.

butcherjuj

Joined May 2, 2016
Good choice, especially for the price.
I have the big one, and I also use it for cold smoking cheese using the A-maze-n pellet smoker.
Enjoy!

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Congrats on the WSM! Home Depot has new grates but they will cost more than you paid for the smoker! :D

Mike

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice score, that smoker will probably last for years!
Al

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 5, 2017
Welcome to SMF from Indiana! Enjoy the smoker. Hope to see some Q views off it once you get it smoking.

YogiDog

Joined Aug 16, 2018
Welcome from NY. I use a WSM22. Once you learn to adjust your vents, they hold a constant temp very nicely. Enjoy.

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 7, 2017
Welcome to the club! Excellent find! You’re gonna love this smoker!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.