Just bought my Costco membership

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcbigler

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 1, 2015
Chouteau, OK
Had the day off today. Running around doing some errands. Stopped by the Costco membership off today and bought an Executive Membership. $110 per year, but you get a $20 Costco gift card and 2% cash back.

I figure I'll be spending enough each year on brisket alone that I'll get enough back to get a free brisket per year.

Store opens next Thursday. I'm sure it will be packed for the first few days so I may wait a week or so to go in and buy my first couple prime briskets. It's the first Costco in the entire state of Oklahoma.

Wow! We left OK a year and a half ago so we were stuck with sand. People always looked at me funny when I slipped up and called it Costco. Now we have a costco up the rd and I've been seriously contemplating getting a membership simply for meat.

Congratulations on that move, JC. You will really enjoy your Costco. Be sure to check out the Swifts Premium baby loin back ribs. They are very meaty and the membrane is already removed. Usually get mine for $3.99#.

Good luck. Let us know how you come out. Joe

I always get more than I paid for it back every year.

Just drove the wife by the new location. She said "Oh my God!". :sausage:

Today at our closet Costco (40 miles away)  Kirkland "Prime" packer briskets were $2.89/lb. I piked up a real nice 19 lb'er.  I forgot to check but that should put the case price at around $2.40 ish /lb.  Meat dept. guy told me that they adjust the meat prices(either up or down) on Monday's and Friday mornings.

I'm not a flat guy but, they also had Prime  flats for $4.99/lb.  They were huge and thick 11-14 lbs. I had never seen flats that large before. If a person wasn't  careful, one could  mistake them for full packers by the size of them. 

Today at our closet Costco (40 miles away)  Kirkland "Prime" packer briskets were $2.89/lb. I piked up a real nice 19 lb'er.  I forgot to check but that should put the case price at around $2.40 ish /lb.  Meat dept. guy told me that they adjust the meat prices(either up or down) on Monday's and Friday mornings.

I'm not a flat guy but, they also had Prime  flats for $4.99/lb.  They were huge and thick 11-14 lbs. I had never seen flats that large before. If a person wasn't  careful, one could  mistake them for full packers by the size of them. 
Holy crap, that is cheaper than the selects and choice they sell at Wal-Mart. 

Do they have smaller ones? I usually like to buy in the 12-13lb range. 

Holy crap, that is cheaper than the selects and choice they sell at Wal-Mart. 

Do they have smaller ones? I usually like to buy in the 12-13lb range. 
Ya same here. At our Wal-Mart and GFS they have been $2.68-2.97/lb.  Most at Costco were in the 12- 15 lb  range.   I normally buy that size also, but this big one was marbled really well.

Less than 24 hours to go now! :yahoo:

I'm debating on whether I want to get up early and go in for the opening before I go to work tomorrow just to look around.

I'm suffering serious envy!  
th_crybaby2.gif

The nearest Costco to us is an hour and a half drive each way.

Sam's is an hour.

Al

I'm suffering serious envy!  :th_crybaby2:

Sam's is an hour.

Al

I'm an hour drive from this Costco also. But I drive an hour into Tulsa for work 5-7 days a week, so I'm used to it.

Remember the first rule of the Costco shoppers club... 
77.gif

Never purchase less than 300 items each visit... 
jaw-dropping.gif

They make the carts the size of a full sized SUV for a reason...

Have fun!!!

Last edited:
I'm suffering serious envy!  :th_crybaby2:

Sam's is an hour.

Al

We are about an hour or so away from ours, but we go twice a month and stock up. It's not to bad of a drive for us. There isnt much on the mountain. So every two weeks we go down the hill and buy stuff we need.. So we would be making the trip anyways.

I really feel your pain. My Costco is about 10 minutes on a bad day. We are getting a Restaurant Depot in a couple of months that will be less than 5 minutes. The bad part of all this is that we're about 3 minutes off of a major retail artery and traffic is usually terrible. Oh well, I can still remember the country and woods and cows and creeks and all the good times as a youngster growing up.

Good luck with your Costco. I really like their Swifts ribs, Joe

Well, I went down to the Costco after work today. 

Kind of a bust. They were sold out of brisket. Had tonnes of different kinds of ribs though. 

I'll have to wait until the initial surge dies down a bit and see if they get them back in stock. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky