Just a little 6 point

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tom the meat smoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 25, 2018
Western North Carolina
Got this little 6 point processed today. While processing it, my 4 yr old daughter said she wanted some deer meat for supper. So, I obliged her request.
Just a simple SPOG cooked over mesquite lump and a chunk of apple.
Mind yall, this is her first taste of venison. I got 2 thumbs up and 2 big toes up. She even helped skin and quarter it.

Attachments

• 1117181722.jpg
    1117181722.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 1117181617.jpg
    1117181617.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: archeryrob
Got this little 6 point processed today. While processing it, my 4 yr old daughter said she wanted some deer meat for supper. So, I obliged her request.
Just a simple SPOG cooked over mesquite lump and a chunk of apple.
Mind yall, this is her first taste of venison. I got 2 thumbs up and 2 big toes up. She even helped skin and quarter it.
nice job to you & daughter!!

They either like it, or they no like it.
My kids didn't like it until a friend shared his trick of quartering, then soaking in a salt water bath with 3 changes over 24 hours. Cold water and a cup of salt. We didn't call it brineing, but maybe it was?
That made a huge difference. It soaked out the remaining blood and got rid of the gamie tastes.
We virtually lived on Deer and Antelope meat for a number of years (6 of 7) in Wyoming.

Always loved Ellie Mae Clampett. She was a heart throb for me as a young teen.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky