June?? Really??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
So today is supposed to be June 4th. Hmmmm.......

So at about 5:30 AM this morning my Heat came on!
It was 48° outside, and when it got down to 68° in my house, my heat came on.

Bad enough all it does is rain all the time, but now it's kicking my heat on in June.

Probably snow in July yet. Strange Weather around here the last few years.
I used to kick up Dust when I'd mow my yards.
Haven't seen Dust fly here in 15 years!!

Oh Well, at least everything around here finally went from White to Green!!!

Bear

52* here, wind and rain. Good day to catch up on threads people posted over the weekend.

I hear ya Bear. Constantly mowing WET grass. Just to keep up with it. Scraping mower. Phew! Finally got garden in but now can’t get into it to do anything. It is very odd weather for this time of year

WI is pretty wonky too. We had 13+ inches of snow in one day in April. Then it peaked well over 100f on Memorial Day. I'm not really holding out for our gardens to produce much with the weather being spazzy!

The weather down here in FL has been pretty good, although we have had a lot of rain lately.
That is unusual for May, but June usually is the rainiest month of the year.
Just hope the hurricanes stay away this year, I'm already filling up my gas cans for the generator.
Al

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Here in Northern Arkansas weather has gone from winter to summer! Been in the nineties last week, cold front came in over the weekend, it’s been in the mid eighties.

104 here in my area yesterday. Garden is wilting and my veggies are burning up before done. Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum

Well Bear,

I will gladly trade my near 100 temps for your cooler ones. On the bright side of the heat it keeps my smoker from struggling to keep temp. The pork loin I smoked yesterday never needed any more fuel after the load I started it with. Gotta look at glass half full or so I'm told. Have a good one Bear.

George

Last week, our local weatherman in NEPA said that we only had 14 days of sunshine since March 1st. It’s definitely been cooler plus it always seems to rain on my days off.

I also remember having dry and hot summers were the grass was dead by July 4th.

I don’t know Bear, did the global warming thing skip our area?

50 degrees this morning raining.I am on my second set of cucumber plants first one drowned.
Richie

Bear, same here. But I refused to turn the heat on. It was 62 in the house. Then my wife called and said we have a showing (selling our home...well, trying to) at 11am... so I reluctantly flipped the switch on.

Did you Pa guys get all the flash floods the past few days too?

A lot of people get flooded in some areas of PA, but we're up high enough where no floods can get to us here at the Den.

Bear

The weather down here in FL has been pretty good, although we have had a lot of rain lately.
That is unusual for May, but June usually is the rainiest month of the year.
Just hope the hurricanes stay away this year, I'm already filling up my gas cans for the generator.
Al

With all the snow we get here, I keep my Honda Gen filled up all the time.
I gotta take it apart though, because some mice built nests inside the Generator, and I don't know how bad it is yet.

Bear

Bear............on your mice problem in your generator........... I used to have mice problems in my boat in the wintertime. Found out that moth balls would keep them out. Loaded the boat with them and no more mice problems.

BTW..... heat on here in southern Me too. High of 46 today...........mid 80's Sat.

My weather station recorded 53.0° Low, with a 100.8° High on Sunday.
Today was 53.9° Low, with a 96.3 High.
I try and get my outside things done early so I can nap in the early afternoon. But the last 3 days were no nappers. :(
Today I was working on the RV to leave Wednesday for several things North of us. And I get to hang out up at the Daughter and SIL's and go fishing. So looking forward to that little respite.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky