June?? Really??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bear............on your mice problem in your generator........... I used to have mice problems in my boat in the wintertime. Found out that moth balls would keep them out. Loaded the boat with them and no more mice problems.

BTW..... heat on here in southern Me too. High of 46 today...........mid 80's Sat.

Yup---That's one of my plans:
#1 I aimed one of those electronic pest deterrents at the generator.
#2 #3 #4 Once I clean all the nests that are probably in there, especially around the exhaust cooling fins, I'm going to do some spraying & leave a mess of moth balls inside.

Until then I'm afraid to run it, because it could be a fire hazard.

Bear

Bear, same here. But I refused to turn the heat on. It was 62 in the house. Then my wife called and said we have a showing (selling our home...well, trying to) at 11am... so I reluctantly flipped the switch on.

Yeah, I hate to run heat this time of year, but I have a Heat Pump with Propane back-up, and the only thing that will run a little is the Heat Pump, which is not costly for the few minutes it takes.

Bear

It's been a beautiful spring here. Right up til this week. Been raining off an on all week. They were calling for frost last night but we lucked out.
The weathers been so good I have to mow our 1 acre of lawn here every 4 days--its growing that fast. Oh well, the ranchers are hsppy. Its going to be a great yesr for hay crops.
Gary

Scented drier sheets work also .

I've been scattering fresh dryer sheets in my RV in storage. So far, no evidence of mice or critters in it. So I take that as a good sign.
And it seems to smell "Springtime Fresh". :rolleyes:

But we put it away clean and food free. I think that making sure food and food smells aren't in it to lure the critters helps too.
But my first move is to vacuum it completely, and hose down the rig and the engine compartment to get it ready for the road. Checking for any troublesome signs as I go.
Having dogs and cats has been my best rodent deterrent when I lived out.

Scented drier sheets work also .
I've been scattering fresh dryer sheets in my RV in storage. So far, no evidence of mice or critters in it. So I take that as a good sign.
And it seems to smell "Springtime Fresh". :rolleyes:

But we put it away clean and food free. I think that making sure food and food smells aren't in it to lure the critters helps too.
But my first move is to vacuum it completely, and hose down the rig and the engine compartment to get it ready for the road. Checking for any troublesome signs as I go.
Having dogs and cats has been my best rodent deterrent when I lived out.

Thanks Chopsaw & Sonny,
Yeah, They say Cats are the best thing, but ours (Smokey) stays in the house all the time.
Now I don't know if I should try moth balls or a sheet of "Bounce".
My Dad used to put a sheet of Bounce under his hat when he went fishing to keep the gnats & black flies from bothering him. He said it worked. I tried it & it didn't help me a bit. I think they liked me better!

Bear

As the new forum goes missed this post. Seems to be the norm anymore. Yup rain and more rain trying to garden has been a total wipe out for sure. Grass is still keeping ahead of me. Yesterday 1" rain in 1/2 hour Ocean City Md 6" of rain and roads were closed. No smoking either :(

Warren

As the new forum goes missed this post. Seems to be the norm anymore. Yup rain and more rain trying to garden has been a total wipe out for sure. Grass is still keeping ahead of me. Yesterday 1" rain in 1/2 hour Ocean City Md 6" of rain and roads were closed. No smoking either :(

Warren

Yup----And it's supposed to get down in the 40s° here again tomorrow morning!!!----"June 11"

Bear

Already 80 degrees here at 8:33am in north Louisiana! Oh and 79% humidity. Getting up to 89 today but has been in the 90’s.

Grass grows too fast and you sweat to easily at these temps.

Already 80 degrees here at 8:33am in north Louisiana! Oh and 79% humidity. Getting up to 89 today but has been in the 90’s.

Grass grows too fast and you sweat to easily at these temps.

Right now we're at 61° and 82% Humidity at 10 AM.
Don't get me wrong---I like cooler weather more than Hot Weather.
I just don't appreciate running Heat in June, even if it is only a few Pennies. It's kinda the Principle of the thing.

Bear

A bit strange here as well - rained during Father's Day, and it has been cold enough to wear long sleeve shirts and pants rather than tank top/shorts we usually wear at this time of the year. Funny thing it was hot and sunny a month ago, also unusual.

A bit strange here as well - rained during Father's Day, and it has been cold enough to wear long sleeve shirts and pants rather than tank top/shorts we usually wear at this time of the year. Funny thing it was hot and sunny a month ago, also unusual.

Yup---Looks like you got our cool weather, and now Warren & I are in the 90°+ range.

Yes Warren---Plenty Warm for me now!!
Poured most of the night last night again, and before the grass dried out, it was too Hot to mow today.
Hope to mow tomorrow---Been 8 days!!!

Bea

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky