July Turd 2018

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I had a hankering for some sides to go with the Bacon Cheeseburgers I'm grilling tomorrow for the Fourth of July, and my mind fixated on some Atomic Buffalo Turds.
So I got off work a little early and grabbed a few key items from the store, headed home and went to work.

Now I like mine in a whole chile Jalapeno that has been capped, seeded and veined.
And for stuffing I'm pretty versatile, today I went with Chihuahua cheese and spices, cilantro flakes, onion powder, cumin and Cajun spice.
All wrapped up in thick cut bacon and Hickory smoked (wish I had some mesquite) at 275°-300°.

cqwl60O.jpg

HGV3RUM.jpg

uRf4Xs0.jpg

DPt49eF.jpg

THEiN0l.jpg

EMbpupg.jpg

Hell yes! Looks amazing! Points for sure!

I’ve been on a goat cheese pepper stuffing kick lately but might have to give these a shot tomorrow before the low country boil!

Thanks for the great idea!

That looks awesome! Points to you.

And I agree with this statement.
I make three...
Beautiful!
Everytime I see a great looking bunch of peppers to make these I seem to hit the lottery with peppers that max out the scoville scale for jalapenos.Hooie!:eek:

You spend too much time making us drool.

:D
Looks perfect!
Hell yes! Looks amazing! Points for sure!

I’ve been on a goat cheese pepper stuffing kick lately but might have to give these a shot tomorrow before the low country boil!

Thanks for the great idea!
That looks awesome! Points to you.

And I agree with this statement.
Awesome job chile . Yep I drooled
I make three...
Beautiful!
Everytime I see a great looking bunch of peppers to make these I seem to hit the lottery with peppers that max out the scoville scale for jalapenos.Hooie!:eek:
LOL... I'm doing okay I guess getting all you chow hounds to drooling.
Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments and Likes.

I like the mixture. Never understood why folks keep stuffing those peppers with Philly cream cheese. Bleck.... like! B

I like the mixture. Never understood why folks keep stuffing those peppers with Philly cream cheese. Bleck.... like! B
Thanks Brian,
even if I use some cream cheese it's as a base for the rest of the mixture which has grated cheese.
But no cream cheese today, just yummy Chihuahua.

Last edited:
Great looking turds Chili! What the hell is Chihuahua cheese? I'm not a fan of cream cheese in the ABTs, so alternatives are welcome.

Mike

Looks great. My wife hates hot stuff. I have to make some just for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky