Juicy thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
Been a crazy month with work and family travels but had a couple of hrs Sunday for a short smoke. The wife is having issues with her blood pressure and wanted chicken so settled on thighs.
Squared them up and removed the cartridge near the bone.
Seasoned the meat side up and back in the fridge for 4 hrs or so.
20220410_154910.jpg
Fired up the MBGF 1050 to 300 and let it settle in
Juiced the thighs with cajun flavor and rubbed 2 down with Heath Riles cajun creole garlic butter and the rest with her favorite Yardbird .
20220410_160024.jpg
Let em ride for 30 mins and soak up some pecan smoke .
After that added a slice of butter , covered with foil and back on for 90 min.
20220410_164034.jpg
20220410_164233.jpg
They smell is amazing and I could take the broth in an IV 🤣
20220410_181917.jpg
On the rack forn10 mins for the sauce to set. I mix SBR with my favorite vinegar based sauce for an extra twang.
20220410_182435.jpg
And all set
20220410_183059.jpg
I really love the flavor from the creole garlic and here's a closer shot on my 2.
20220410_183121.jpg
No plated pics but paired up with some squash and peas.
Simple and plain cook but great flavor and texture.

Thanks for looking

Keith

Looks real good Keith. I've been cooking more Thighs lately too. Grilling more than smoking. Your method sounds like a good way to try. I'm always looking for new chicken methods. Nice job.

Reactions: 912smoker
Those thighs look amazing Keith! And save some if that iv juice for me too! If you would behave maybe your wife's BP would settle down! :emoji_blush: Just kidding, hope she gets it under control.

Ryan

Looks real good Keith. I've been cooking more Thighs lately too. Grilling more than smoking. Your method sounds like a good way to try. I'm always looking for new chicken methods. Nice job.
Thanks neighbor! I kind of copy a Malcom Reed cook from one of his videos. It's a pretty simple cook but always dependable. I usually heat the sauce up then dip the thighs in the sauce but couldn't find my pan at this time so settled on a brush LOL. Give em a try !

Keith

Reactions: MJB05615
Those thighs look amazing!
Beautiful color!
We like thighs the best too!
Al
Thanks Al and I do like the color from the sauce combo glazing! The granddaughters prefer the legs of course but the adults request the thighs😋

Keith

Those thighs look amazing Keith! And save some if that iv juice for me too! If you would behave maybe your wife's BP would settle down! :emoji_blush: Just kidding, hope she gets it under control.

Ryan
Haha thanks Ryan and you know it's easy to blame the "ole timer " 🤣
I keep reminding her that I married younger for HER to take care of ME 🤣

Keith

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks Outstanding Keith!!
Nice Job!'
Like.
Your Title was the first thing I thought, when I met Mrs Bear, back in 1968.

Bear

Those look perfect! I was one of the beta testers when Todd was putting the final touches on Yardbird, and I still use it to this day. Ace Hardware is carrying it and most of the Blues Hog products.

Man oh man Keith, that chicken looks as good as any I've ever seen and far better than most. Beautiful job....but I've always been kinda partial to nice juicy thighs :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Awesome looking thighs. They are the best part of a yardbird IMO. I also like your method.
POINTS for sure!
Thanks buzzy give it a shot !
I've only checked the finished IT once and I believe it 200 or so. I cook this by time and cooker temp.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky