'Juicy Lucy' Stuffed Beef Fattie w/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef willie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 31, 2010
Willamette Valley, Oregon
Couldn't find 70/30 so had to use 80/20 ground chuck. Saw 'juicy lucy' burgers from some joint on the Food Channel & decided to try that instead of sausage. Was to much like a meatloaf so next time will do all sausage or at least half & half. Wasn't bad but not great. Stuffed with sauted onions, fire roasted green chilies, sharp cheddar and pepper jack. Lots of wind and rain again here in the NW so only hit 250 in the gasser. Took about 3 hours, smoked with mesquite. No dessert, still eating on that cheesecake. Served with mac & cheese on the side....thanks for looking

Rolled it at work and let set overnight to firm up.....ready to go in

1849b238_RAWFATTIE.jpg

Smoked on a rack and used drip pan....done at 170 internal

891bd591_DONEFATTIE.jpg

No cheese blowout during smoking but ran like lava when cut

7b867c82_CUTFATTIE.jpg

Man. that looks awesome!

I should not have looked at that right before dinner.  Now whatever I have tonight will be disappointing.  

Great looking fattie.  Sauteed onions, green chillies and lots of cheese....  I'm drooling on my keyboard.

It looks tasty to me!!!! Nice job! I saw the juicy lucy on triple d and on food wars on the food network and the travel channel.
yeah, believe it was 'food wars'...2 joints claiming they had the 'best'.....like the triple d show as well....amazing what some of those places can crank out

Man. that looks awesome!

I should not have looked at that right before dinner.  Now whatever I have tonight will be disappointing.  

Great looking fattie.  Sauteed onions, green chillies and lots of cheese....  I'm drooling on my keyboard.
yeah, I'm a big fan of any chilis...GF picked them out, go figure

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky