• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chef jimmyj

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
Tangy Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce

Reposting by itself to make it easier to find...JJ☺

This is a popular Finishing Sauce to enhance the flavor of Pulled Pork, pulled Chicken or Shredded Beef. It is similar to an Eastern North Carolina style Finishing Sauce, but more complex...

2 C Apple Cider Vinegar
2T Worcestershire Sauce or more to taste
1/4C Brown Sugar
1T Smoked Paprika
2 tsp Granulated Garlic
2 tsp Granulated Onion
2 tsp Fine Grind Black Pepper
1 tsp Celery Salt
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Red Pepper Flake. Add more if you like Heat.
1/2 tsp Grnd Allspice

Combine all and whisk well. This is a thin sauce, bring just to a simmer and remove from heat. Adjust sweetness by adding Brn Sugar or additional Vinegar as desired...Makes about 2 Cups.

For a Lexington Style Dip add, 1/2C Ketchup and 1-3tsp Red Pepper Flakes...JJ

Thanks for posting jj. I use your finishing sauce every time I make pulled pork it just puts it over the top. What’s the difference between that and this tangy one taste wise?

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Thanks JJ I use this at times for gatherings and they love it. I also use your Lexington as a base to make a thicker sauce we love. Essentially just adding a lot more ketchup and brown sugar sub.

Cooked a small butt a few days ago and made a batch of this sauce for the first time. It was delicious. Thanks for posting it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky