Jerky question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
I have a question for the experts here. I have made lots of jerky and have been using Owens BBQ seasoning for awhile now. I usually slice and prep 5lbs of EOR and marinade 2-3 days then into the dehydrator. Can I prep mix in the seasonings seal and freeze till I'm ready to dehydrate or will freezing it have a negative impact on the cure and seasoning? It would be nice to have everything pre made and just thaw and dehydrate when needed.

Freezing will have no effect on curing or your spice mix. I have done it many times. Once your meat is cured there is no uncuring it

Reactions: tallbm
Sounds like the perfect opportunity to do a small 1/2 - 1 lb test... Vacuum seal up some and throw in the freezer and see what happens a few months from now... Let us all know what the results are...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky