Jeff's Rub, Apple wood, Albacore Tuna & Halibut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

manzwood

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 14, 2013
CA Motherlode
I was looking for something else to try out my first batch of Jeff's Rub on when I found some flash frozen Albacore Tune steaks and Halibut hiding in our freezer. 

After careful thawing I dusted the fish with Jeff's rub and let them sit until I started to get some TBS from the Apple wood chips in our Weber Genesis grill with the smoking accessory.

Got the Tuna started first since it was a little more than twice as thick then put the Halibut on to bask in the smokey goodness.

The Halibut was fantastic. Smokey and moist while the tune may have been a tad over cooked even after pulling it at 140 degrees F internal temp.

Bottom line...there were still NO leftovers!

That looks Good!!!!!!!  I'm impressed how well you have fine tuned the Weber to get outstanding results for it not being a smoker as we are normally acquainted with.  I did many a brisket, beer can chicken and pork ribs on a grill using indirect heat and wood chips, but it was a hit or miss affair and never could get consistent results. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky