• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Jalapeno Bacon Polish (Q-View)!!!

papa chops

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 10, 2013
I doubled deejay's recipe http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/SausageDownloads_files/RC-Sausages2012.pdf  its 41 on the card. I mixed 2lbs ground beef, 2lbs ground pork, 1lb bacon. I rounded up on the measurements of all the spices and added 1 tsp instacure 1 and a 1/4c nonfat powdered milk. Mixed the spice and cure with 1/2 c ice water, seasoned and ground meats a second time. I small diced 5 large Jalapeno's and threw them in as well. I stuffed it in hog casings then hung it overnight to cure and smoked it today with some peach. We cut a peach tree down at work so I ran it through the chipper into a trailer. Its my first time using it, and i liked it. Even the wife said it was nice. Had em at 130deg for the first 45min then 165 for a few hours then finished them off at 185. Ice bath'd em for 5 min. Then hung back up and in the smoker and fan dried them for about an hour. Im definitely making this again In A MUCH BIGGER BATCH! I love it, Enjoy 

stanjk

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 13, 2007
Great job on the sausage! Nice touch adding the Jalapeno peppers. I'll have to try that next time I make my regular Polish smoked sausage. Thanks! 

papa chops

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 10, 2013
Thanks stanjk. I left rib and seeds in for good measure. I wanted them to be good and spicy (and they are)! lol

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Oh man… That looks so good!

reinhard

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 6, 2013
I bet those were tasty!! Love the added peppers. Next time i make bacon summer i'm adding jalapenos.  Reinhard

papa chops

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 10, 2013

I bet those were tasty!! Love the added peppers. Next time i make bacon summer i'm adding jalapenos.  Reinhard
Very tasty Indeed. I'm fairly new to making sausage so It's been a learning process but, I couldn't be happier with these. Summer Sausage is next on my list to learn. Thanks for checking them out Reinhard!

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
This looks and sounds like a very different approach to Kielbasa. Thanks for posting...JJ

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
I love it when people experiment and this looks like a great success. Well done.

Disco

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.