Jalapeno Bacon Polish (Q-View)!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

papa chops

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 10, 2013
Modesto California
I doubled deejay's recipe http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/SausageDownloads_files/RC-Sausages2012.pdf  its 41 on the card. I mixed 2lbs ground beef, 2lbs ground pork, 1lb bacon. I rounded up on the measurements of all the spices and added 1 tsp instacure 1 and a 1/4c nonfat powdered milk. Mixed the spice and cure with 1/2 c ice water, seasoned and ground meats a second time. I small diced 5 large Jalapeno's and threw them in as well. I stuffed it in hog casings then hung it overnight to cure and smoked it today with some peach. We cut a peach tree down at work so I ran it through the chipper into a trailer. Its my first time using it, and i liked it. Even the wife said it was nice. Had em at 130deg for the first 45min then 165 for a few hours then finished them off at 185. Ice bath'd em for 5 min. Then hung back up and in the smoker and fan dried them for about an hour. Im definitely making this again In A MUCH BIGGER BATCH! I love it, Enjoy 
drool.gif

Great job on the sausage! Nice touch adding the Jalapeno peppers. I'll have to try that next time I make my regular Polish smoked sausage. Thanks! 

I bet those were tasty!! Love the added peppers. Next time i make bacon summer i'm adding jalapenos.  Reinhard
Very tasty Indeed. I'm fairly new to making sausage so It's been a learning process but, I couldn't be happier with these. Summer Sausage is next on my list to learn. Thanks for checking them out Reinhard!

This looks and sounds like a very different approach to Kielbasa. Thanks for posting...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky