Jake's Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike243

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 25, 2018
E Tn
Ok going to make these today and kick them a little, Jalapeno peppers diced fine, breakfast sausage smoked for 2 hours and crumbled, little heat n sweet , been awhile since I flubbed something but it can happen at any time lol , 40 folks to taste test hope everybody has a great day

Sorry fellas. Me, Emily and my younger brother have been down with covid the last 2 weeks. They recovered pretty quick but I've had some lingering effects. Bad cough stuff like that. I'm on the mend and will be back to posting again soon. Hope everyone enjoys those beans mike243 mike243 you gonna use the sausage in place of the bacon?
IMG_20210111_111350.jpg
IMG_20210111_153221.jpg

Sorry fellas. Me, Emily and my younger brother have been down with covid the last 2 weeks. They recovered pretty quick but I've had some lingering effects. Bad cough stuff like that. I'm on the mend and will be back to posting again soon. Hope everyone enjoys those beans mike243 mike243 you gonna use the sausage in place of the bacon?View attachment 498217View attachment 498218

Good to hear jake. Get better!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Sorry fellas. Me, Emily and my younger brother have been down with covid the last 2 weeks. They recovered pretty quick but I've had some lingering effects. Bad cough stuff like that. I'm on the mend and will be back to posting again soon.....
TNJAKE TNJAKE , take care of yourself and your family, SMF will be here. Wishing you a full recovery soon, buddy....

Wowzer

much earlier thread and I think I like it better with peaches

Wowzer

much earlier thread and I think I like it better with peaches
Cool story. smokin peachey smokin peachey beans are delicious and so are Dutch Dutch wicked beans. Cool thing about smoked beans are most everyone uses a common base for theirs but there is so much you can do to make them your own. Didn't realize mixing Bush's baked beans and vegetables and fruits had been patented. My apologies

Sorry fellas. Me, Emily and my younger brother have been down with covid the last 2 weeks. They recovered pretty quick but I've had some lingering effects. Bad cough stuff like that. I'm on the mend and will be back to posting again soon. Hope everyone enjoys those beans mike243 mike243 you gonna use the sausage in place of the bacon?View attachment 498217View attachment 498218
Jake glad to hear the families bouncing back and you are too!! We’ve missed you around here.

Oh man glad you and the fam are getting better ! Missed your posts and cooks .
Been there with the covid in my house too and know it's a kicker

No adding lol , peaches are so Yesterday lol , maybe next time so many different things to try Nd so little time, being diabetic limits my intake of a lot of things but ya gotta taste stuff when your the cook :emoji_laughing:

Those beans look delicious!

I've noticed TNJAKE TNJAKE has been off the grid for a while. Hope that he is doing well....

Sorry fellas. Me, Emily and my younger brother have been down with covid the last 2 weeks. They recovered pretty quick but I've had some lingering effects. Bad cough stuff like that. I'm on the mend and will be back to posting again soon. Hope everyone enjoys those beans mike243 mike243 you gonna use the sausage in place of the bacon?

Jake, I noticed your absence too since your postings about the Tennessee Bash.... but since you had mentioned BBQ competition in the past I was hoping you were off to a couple of competitions. Sending 'get well soon' to the entire family.

I had not noticed the absence but am glad this time around with covid wasn’t that bad. Take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcam222 and zippy12
TNJAKE TNJAKE glad to here all are recovering. You guys have some interesting fruit additions to beans. My Inlaws were from Boston, so we have eaten and make pretty traditional Baked Beans, lots of Bacon, Onions and Molasses. A squirt of Ketchup and Mustard for some Tang...JJ

Glad to hear your feeling better Jake.
I guess I’ll have to step outside the box a bit, if I put fruit in my bean recipe.
But I guess I should give it a go, maybe two batches, one the old way & one with fruit.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky