Jack Links jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Out shopping a little while ago. And found this at Walmart at Kill Devil Hills, NC. Never seen this in NY.

IMG_20221108_114011040.jpg

I'll be trying it later. Almost 5.00 for this little bag!

Out shopping a little while ago. And found this at Walmart at Kill Devil Hills, NC. Never seen this in NY.

View attachment 648105

I'll be trying it later. Almost 5.00 for this little bag!
Jack Links is a good brand. I would be surprised if you didn't like their products.
Bacon jerky is not super common but yeah exists and is also expensive lol.
Hope you enjoy! :)

Jack Links is a good brand. I would be surprised if you didn't like their products.
Bacon jerky is not super common but yeah exists and is also expensive lol.
Hope you enjoy! :)
I like their jerky. So, I'm hoping this will be good as well. It's amazing things you see in stores from different states. Harris Teeter has Philly cheesesteak pringle potato chips. I left that on the shelf!

• Haha
Reactions: tallbm
Hopefully you also went to Brew-Thru and stopped at an ABC store. Good prices on Bourbon.

Hopefully you also went to Brew-Thru and stopped at an ABC store. Good prices on Bourbon.
Oh yeah! Love the brew-thru. Got a case of Stella for 21.50. Harris Teeter wanted 16.00 for a 12 pack.
ABC? What's that? Lol!
IMG_20221108_141108191.jpg

I like Knobs Creek. And the price is much better. Ann does the Jager. I do too. But I like collecting their swag.

Reactions: tx smoker
Just tried a piece. Not much different than a piece of limp cooked bacon. Not firm. Or chewy. Good taste. But not worth the cost IMHO. Two thumbs down from me.

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
Just tried a piece. Not much different than a piece of limp cooked bacon. Not firm. Or chewy. Good taste. But not worth the cost IMHO. Two thumbs down from me.
I had some a while back and share your sentiment. Decent taste but was kinda weird lol

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
The Jack's products are all over the place but I don't think I've ever seen bacon. Sounds yummy. I'll probably be on the lookout for it.

Knob Creek has been one of my favorite bourbons for a LONG time. It's a fantastic bourbon and at a very reasonable price point compared to brands like Booker's.

Robert

The Jack's products are all over the place but I don't think I've ever seen bacon. Sounds yummy. I'll probably be on the lookout for it.

Knob Creek has been one of my favorite bourbons for a LONG time. It's a fantastic bourbon and at a very reasonable price point compared to brands like Booker's.

Robert
If you see it. Try it. I just feel the bang for the buck isn't there. But. Store bought jerky seldom is. What are you paying for a 750 of Knob Creek your way?

Knob is usually in the $30-40 range around here. I like the Rye a lot. If you have some time drive down to Hatteras. The lighthouse is cool, but also the drive over Oregon Inlet, Bodie Lighthouse and Rodanthe area. Ocean on one side, sound on the other. Way less people down that way. Bernheim Original Bourbon is another good one I found out there this summer.

Last edited:
Knob is usually in the $30-40 range around here. I like the Rye a lot. If you have some time drive down to Hatteras. The lighthouse is cool, but also the drive over Oregon Inlet, Bode Lighthouse and Rodanthe area. Ocean on one side, sound on the other. Way less people down that way. Bernheim Original Bourbon is another good one I found out there this summer.
We have Hatteras planned for tomorrow. Didn't know about the Oregon inlet. Thanks for the tip.

I tried Jack's bacon jerky; agree with the opinions here. Also like Knob Creek, but I've stayed far away from Jagermeister since about 1985.

On a tangential note, I just picked up a 1 lb. bag of Oberto's beef jerky at Costco for $15.99. I can't make it for that.

I tried Jack's bacon jerky; agree with the opinions here. Also like Knob Creek, but I've stayed far away from Jagermeister since about 1985.

On a tangential note, I just picked up a 1 lb. bag of Oberto's beef jerky at Costco for $15.99. I can't make it for that.
That's a good price. Though. I've always wondered how they could sell it for that price. I understand buying beef in bulk probably helps. But still I wonder about the cuts they're using. But hey! Guess what I have in the center consul in the truck? A pound bag of that. Cost me just shy of 18.00 though from BJ's. It is pretty darn good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky