Italian Sausage W/Red & White Wine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Picked up 2 Pork Butts on Monday
Deboned
DSCN0075.JPG
Ground some for egg rolls & Sausage
Wive wound up with 11 pounds 9 for me
DSCN0085.JPG
Used K.A for mixing
DSCN0087.JPG
Had to do 2 batches
DSCN0086.JPG
Stuffed Thursday morning
DSCN0107.JPG
Saved 4 links for dinner
DSCN0109.JPG
SWMBO wanted hers sliced long ways
DSCN0110.JPG
I like mined cut smaller
DSCN0119.JPG
Dinner is served
DSCN0118.JPG
DSCN0121.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

Attachments

• DSCN0076.JPG
    DSCN0076.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 18
Great looking sausage Richie!
I think we make Italian sausage more than any other, and I just ran out.
Got a Dr's appt. next week that is near Sam's so I'll pick up a couple of butts.
Al

Great looking sausage Richie!
I think we make Italian sausage more than any other, and I just ran out.
Got a Dr's appt. next week that is near Sam's so I'll pick up a couple of butts.
Al
Al Thanks we make this and Fresh Kielbasi,I don't make the smoked with all the polish stores in my area.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it.Good luck at the Drs.
Richie

Reactions: halleone
Looks great dang I missed the breakfast couldn't have made it anyway. The warm weather has made fog like you would never believe.

Warren

Looks great dang I missed the breakfast couldn't have made it anyway. The warm weather has made fog like you would never believe.

Warren
Warren Thanks it is like soup here,just went to the local store had to use the wipers.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks good!
I like mine cut lengthwise and the Mrs likes hers in pieces. Go figure...

Thanks like they say different strokes for different folks LOL Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Sausage looks great! Do you use your own seasoning mix or buy one? we do a lot of deer hunting and every year we do 25lbs of venison/pork mix but I have bought the mix from LEM in the past

Sausage looks great! Do you use your own seasoning mix or buy one? we do a lot of deer hunting and every year we do 25lbs of venison/pork mix but I have bought the mix from LEM in the past
weev I make my own.Thanks for the like I appreciate it
Richie
Italian Sausage Mild Hot

Ingredients for 5 LBS.
2 Tbsp. salt
8 oz. ice water or wine ( I used 6oz. Red & 8oz. White for this batch a little over 9 lbs.Dbl every thing below )
1 1/2 Tbsp. or more Fennel seed cracked
1 tsp. coarse Black Pepper
1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
1 Tbsp. Basil
1 Tbsp. Oregano
1 Tbsp. Parsley

1/4 C Paprika
3 1/2 LBS. Pork Butt ( trimmed )
1 1/2 Lbs Pork Fat
Garlic 1 clove opptional not used

Hope that helps

weev I make my own.Thanks for the like I appreciate it
Richie
Italian Sausage Mild Hot

Ingredients for 5 LBS.
2 Tbsp. salt
8 oz. ice water or wine ( I used 6oz. Red & 8oz. White for this batch a little over 9 lbs.Dbl every thing below )
1 1/2 Tbsp. or more Fennel seed cracked
1 tsp. coarse Black Pepper
1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
1 Tbsp. Basil
1 Tbsp. Oregano
1 Tbsp. Parsley

1/4 C Paprika
3 1/2 LBS. Pork Butt ( trimmed )
1 1/2 Lbs Pork Fat
Garlic 1 clove opptional not used

Hope that helps
Hey thanks for the recipe I will definitely be trying this one

Looks great Richie. Sure glad you included your recipe--I'm gonna start making sausage when I get home in the spring.
Don't complain too much about the mild weather. It's been close to -40 here the last few days. :(
POINT
Gary
Gary Thanks it can be made without the wine or you can use any combo of water an wine.Raining here so I am not happy with that,old bones ache.Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

Hi Rich The sausage and recipe looks good.Might give it a try next time.
Dan
Dan Thanks the recipe can be adjusted to taste that is one good feature.I used this for my Chicken Sausage also.Thanks for the like I appreciate it
Richie

Man that looks good Richie. Italian sausage is one of my favorites and I like my sammies where the sausage is smothered with caramelized onion and seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky