Italian sausage and peppers stromboli

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aw man Travis!! What your son did looks fantastic. It appears that father might be able to learn a little bit from son :emoji_wink: I gotta say though, I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see a cut-away pic of this one. I bet it was breathtaking!!

Son did it right!!
Robert

Aw man Travis!! What your son did looks fantastic. It appears that father might be able to learn a little bit from son :emoji_wink: I gotta say though, I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see a cut-away pic of this one. I bet it was breathtaking!!

Son did it right!!
Robert
Not sure why i didnt take a cut picture. And as far as me learning from my son.....i think I learn something from him everyday lol. He did a great job for sure!

Reactions: fullborebbq
Wife says I can try this on Sunday. I have to sign up for kitchen time around here. I hope mine turns out as well as your son's. I'm calling it "calzoli" since it is kind of a mashup of a calzone and a Stromboli.

Reactions: Sowsage
Wife says I can try this on Sunday. I have to sign up for kitchen time around here. I hope mine turns out as well as your son's. I'm calling it "calzoli" since it is kind of a mashup of a calzone and a Stromboli.
Awesome hopfully you enjoy it as much as we did! Your right too it really is a mash up of the two. Good name "calzoli" I like it!

There has been a few threads lately about calzones/stuffed sandwich/stromboli or whatever you want to call them. They all looked great! Decided to make one yesterday with italian sausage and peppers. It was really good. I didnt make the dough. Its just a refrigerated pizza dough. Just wanted something quick.

Started with cooking some peppers and onions until they got softView attachment 431133

And then some Italian sausage.View attachment 431134

Unrolled the dough and made some slits at an angle. Then started layering. Started with provolone and topped with the onion and peppers.View attachment 431135

Then another layer of provolone and some of the sliced sausage.View attachment 431136

Then folded up the rest of the way.View attachment 431137

Brush with egg and into the oven.View attachment 431138

Once its out of the oven I brushed with melted garlic butter and let rest before slicing.View attachment 431139View attachment 431140

Sliced and onto the plate with some marinara sauce for dipping.View attachment 431141View attachment 431142

This was a real quick meal and really hit the spot. Thanks for taking a look!
mp,840x830,matte,f8f8f8,t-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Made one for dinner last night. My lattice weave was pretty awful so there will be no pictures. Will definitely be doing this again with a few small tweaks. Thanks Sowsage for the inspiration.

Made one for dinner last night. My lattice weave was pretty awful so there will be no pictures. Will definitely be doing this again with a few small tweaks. Thanks Sowsage for the inspiration.
Awesome! Glad you liked it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky