It is 3am. So...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's 3:15 here, I was up at 2, stiff as a board myself, but not from oversleeping. I'm getting close to having to make the decision to have some coffee and stay up, or crack a Rolling Rock and smoke a ciggy on the patio. A beer and a ciggy might work for going back to bed. RAY

• Wow
Reactions: martin1950
About an hour and a half of sleep total for the night it's hell to get old and have all the aches and pains

• Sad
I'd say that little nap worked out pretty darned well for me, almost four hours of shuteye! Now it's coffee and deep thought about breakfast, then on with the day. RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
I usually make it to about 1am, but sometimes it is 11.30.

I just toss and turn for hours and sometimes can get a cat nap or two before 5.30 (my usual time to roll out).

Look at all the fun I have been missing.

Need to get outta bed in future.

John

Reactions: sawhorseray
You bet John, there were only 4-5 of us insomniacs online for a awhile. Maybe a Canadian bacon, cheddar, and onions omelet with side of my maple-honey bacon for brekky this morning. Some fried taters with peppers and onions would go nice but that'd require a trip to the Way for some red taters, which ain't going to happen yet. Now it's time for coffee and the paper on the back patio until Bob becomes a total pest for his Buns of Steel trip to the park around the corner. Been retired for 13 years, every day feels like Saturday. RAY

I'm not a insomniac. I just play one on TV! I've had this problem for quite awhile. Actually shortly after I had corrective nasal surgery for acute sleep apnea. I sleep good. But only for a few hours a night now. If I go to bed at 9. I'm up at 1 or 2. If I go to bed at midnight. I'm up at 3 or 4. And, this sucks. If I go to bed at 6 because I'm tired. I'm up at 9 or 10. And will not go back to sleep. Having restorative sleep now is amazing. Just wish I had more of it.

I mentioned this months ago. When I was in the military back in the 60's and 70's, I was sent to Ft. Lee VI. for A.I.T., food services. Yep, I was a G.I. cook. I'd have to be at work at 0500hrs and be ready to sling hash to 1800-2000 troops by 0600hrs. Waking up early is a habit I've never been able to shake off after all these years. And it drives my wife NUTS.

My wife has gotten used to it. When I get up she says"Really?" I say yep. She says please have the coffee going when she gets up. On my scheduled work days. It works well. I have to be up at 3am for work. So, it doesn't matter if I'm up at 2 or so. Just would like to sleep in a bit on my days off. A few months ago I slept until 8. Wife got nervous!

• Haha
If I don't take a 1.5mg melatonin tablet before going to bed, I wake up about 1:30 AM and can't go back to sleep. When I do remember and take a tablet, I still wake up at the same time, but fall back asleep until 3:30 to 4, then back asleep until 6:30 to 7:30. Ah, the life of a wannabe writer.

I'll take a melatonin at times. Should have last night. But I knew today was going to be tough.

Melatonin? Is that prescription stuff? I've had a supply of vicoden on hand for years and never take the stuff, I prefer to not fool with the stool, if you get my drift. If my shoulders would let me I'd have no problem sleep ten hours. Guess I'll be needing to find a doc here in AZ. RAY

Melatonin? Is that prescription stuff? I've had a supply of vicoden on hand for years and never take the stuff, I prefer to not fool with the stool, if you get my drift. If my shoulders would let me I'd have no problem sleep ten hours. Guess I'll be needing to find a doc here in AZ. RAY

No it's over the counter. I only take them on occasion. They do help well in getting a decent nights sleep.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Hmmm, I might check this stuff out.

I'm sure as heck going to, thanks Steve. I can usually go back to bed after being up for a couple of hours and get a little more sleep, long as I haven't been pounding down any coffee. If I'm not hunting or fishing I'd just as soon not be waking up when it's still dark outside. RAY

Reactions: Steve H
I'm sure as heck going to, thanks Steve. I can usually go back to bed after being up for a couple of hours and get a little more sleep, long as I haven't been pounding down any coffee. If I'm not hunting or fishing I'd just as soon not be waking up when it's still dark outside. RAY

You are welcome. Hope it helps you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky