It’s been a while...time for Sunday dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 30, 2016
South central PA
It’s been a while and I’ve been having the itch to smoke something. Picked up a turkey breast on clearance last week and smoked it for Sunday dinner. Just a hair under 8 lbs.

Used apple and hickory in the WSM and took it to an IT of 165. Took about 3.5 hours. The Mrs got some mini-potatoes with garlic and asparagus together and it was a good wholesome meal.

0B481EC8-2C9A-440C-BF54-20070A432AD6.jpeg

F7CB774E-B659-47A0-94E5-3AF87E48660B.jpeg

C334B4C9-F60C-4DCC-871C-A70ECAE952CF.jpeg

Thanks for looking!

I’ve done legs a few times and a full bird once. This is the first stand alone breast. I starting to enjoy the turkey flavor more than chicken. Gotta keep playing around with the chicken, but I love the smoked turkey....don’t know if I want to eat it any other way than smoked. Thanks for the compliments.

I'll take turkey over chicken any day, and yours looks really good.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky