Is this forum getting to go belly up!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walking dude

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 5, 2007
Des Moines, IOWA
Well........this backbiting it really getting to hurt this fine forum........we have some members who like to go around in the background, trashing some fine folks here........Ron50 is one of the fine folks i speak of.........and this isn't the first time its happened.......we lost several fine members who contributed more, than these backstabbers ever thought off, but these folks, drove these fine members away..........

And its happening again........

And once again, i will get the rap for starting trouble......but in this case i don't care......

Pigs left as a mod.......Ron is getting tired of the sniping, so we may lose him..........who else is left.......Dutch and Monty........but they have lives also..........so can't babysit this forum.........thats right BABYSIT ! !

I know some members aren't happy with me either, but i don't care.......but chat is getting bad lately, with certain folks being real *ssholes. If you don't like this site.......go back to the "other" fourm.......PLEASE........and leave us folks who are here to learn......yes learn......cause even the old members, and i am by NO means one of them, can LEARN here...........but, at times, anymore, its like a gradeschool class, when the teacher leaves the room........the classroom erupts.........but it seems anymore, some of the original folks who joined, have either moved on, or no longer visit here.......which is sad...

But i refuse to leave.......i will stick it out, but hopefully, someone with some more authority would be around more, to reign some of this crap in.......

I have been asked to standup for Ron, which i wil do in "spades", as one member mentioned to me..........but i am ALSO going to stand for for some integrity here AT THIS FORUM..............comes folks.........teach, learn, you have a problem, do it backchannel, in a ADULT manner. Which is hard for some i guess............

Nuff said. I will get down off the soap box............for now!

Well said. Anyone can hang anywhere they like... and say what they like. To a point. I respect Ron and the others, and will back the SMF and them in any capacity I can.

Jokes aside, respect folks...respect. It's soo lacking in the world, but we can keep it here...

There is entirely to much SMF bashin goin on, backstabbin of members. I would love ta see the site get back to what it is here fer. Learnin the fine craft a smokin foods.

We can all be neighbors here, lets treat each other with respect an like we would like ta be treated.

We can all grow tagether if we wan't to.

I'm done standin on the box now, who's next?

Good post Deud!!
I'm behind Ron and the moderators here 100%. They have done an awesome job of babysitting all of us.
I didn't get to read all of the posts made lately, but know that some remarks were taken to heart and they hurt.

We need to treat each other as we would like to be treated.

Ron, I don't know if you are reading here anymore, but I wish you would come back. We need you and appreciate everything you have done for us.

Thank you walking Dude, sumosmoke, Richtee, Travcoman45, and Cowgirl. I stand in line behind you all.

I am a member of a few other forums, this always seems to happen at each one of them. I will say out of the forums I am a member of, SMF is the best for having the least amount of BS going on, lets not let "our" forum sink to lower levels, as a group we are above that I feel. As far as members with poor social skills go, I think they will go away with time, lets just not let them take any more quality members with them.....

thanks wd for puttin it down like it appears, i have been here since feb and this forum is not the same place it was then. i am here to learn from you all and if i can share i more than willing. thats what i thought this was about...

I don't know what happened this time.... I have not been on the site much with other things taking my time lately, but it seems that there has been alot of petty bs going one lately............ It seems like everytime I get a chance to check the forum out there are members either leaving or getting banned for basicly stupis stuff....If people could learn to respect others and their opnions and not bad mouth others, this would be a great place again. I love coming to this site to learn and meet others that like to do the same hobby as me.....But its getting old putting up with the bs of a few people. We have lost a lot of great members lately....Hopefully we don't lose anymore............When I joined alittle over a year ago this site was more like a family, everyone was helpfull to new members and friendly to everyone.......................I hope we don't lose that................I love coming to this site and sharing info and support with everyone and learning something new weither its a new recipe or a better way to do something or something that I have never tried before..........I hope that this site never loses it's intergety................And to all the members that have helped me on the way, thanks and I hope that I can continue to learn from you all...............

damn, some how I managed to miss all the grade school stuff. Every site will have some of it. People are people. especially when it is anonamous. My wife and I are one a children brain tumor support page because of my daughter and even that can spiral into stupidity.

pne123
You bringing up the anomity point brings to mind another site I am on has considered several times eliminating user id's and user having to use first and last names hoping user would feel more accountable for their posts. The site has not done that yet and I do not think any site ever should but the idea does have some merit to it.

Well said walkingdude, This site has helped my smoking tenfold, and if there are people who want to visit this site and do any bashing of any sort than f*** off. Ur not that good at what ur doing anyway. I am here to learn what anybody will teach. There is no such thing as a stupid question right? Maybe a repetitive question, but if ur tired of answering that one then let it go, someone else will answer it. I don't know what happened here, but when I have a questionI feel that I can come here and get a true answer that I need, and usually quickly. I refer it to my girlfriend as " Hold on let me go ask my buddies I'll be right back" Anyway just my 2 cents thanks. Love this site.

As a general comment, I look at it this way, you want to teach, help others, you want to learn, respect opinons and take them in stride. You don't want either, go away and find another sand box to play in.

I have been a member for a fair amount of time but it's clear there are some serious under currents. I don't know what the deal is but I for one am a fan of SMF. I just try to pay attention to the core of the forum, good food and how to make it. So, I guess I've missed some of the more salient issues that started this thread.

Gents, life is too short to let egos get in the way of a good product. There are all kinds of ways to skin a cat. I'm here to figure out those ways.

This is a smoking site, if people want to play politics and bump di**s, plenty of places on the internet to do that. Everyone knows how to Google I suppose.

Let's put the crap aside and get back to normal. Plenty of other things out there to ***** about. Smoking and good food just doens't seem like it should be at the top of list.

what sections is the negative banter taking place on? I seem to have missed it. Its unfortunate that some grown men and women feel the need the belittle folks.

this is a sad day for me, this is one of the first BBQ sites I happened upon, I have gained VAST knowledge, I have made many wonderful friends, I am truely thankful for that, how ever, this site has changed, 99.9% of the members are truely great, yet, a few, throw the hate, jabs, sarcasm, degradation, slams, etc, and it has made this an un pleasant place to visit. I have read and hoped, yet it spirals down hill. Jeff, you are a fine man, ALL the mods are fine men, this is for the most part(In my opinion), a fine forum, but I have had enough of human vengance, I have seen enough snipeing, the slam against RON was the last straw. Jeff, please ban me and take away my OTBS membership, I am no longer proud of it. May God bless each and every one of the fine members of this forum. I say that in all sincerity.

Well I have been cooking for over 50 years and done smoking before also. Have been here for a couple of months and still learn everyday.

Just tonight I was in chat, and asked Richtee a question and got it answered with no probelm. Thanks Ritch.

I have had a few mild things happen here, but nothing I could't handle.

If I can learn, I will, if I can share I will also.

Most people here are willing to help, a few offer nothing , just avoid them and continue to learn and share.

We should be here for the good of each other. If that's not your goal, then move on, go somehere else and cause trouble.

I really don't know what the flap is all about and don't care to know.

Good luck in your smokes, that's what this is all about!!

Dude - I would like to make clear that I didn't step down due to any problems within the forum. I agree that adults should act as adults and have the ability to keep quiet when there is an upset condition in the forum.

Ron has decided to take some time to reflect on his position and I personally respect that. I also hope that his doing so isn't based on something that I have done or said. We all make decisions based on our real life activities. That is why I stepped down.

This and all the other forums I visit are ways for me to relax, have fun, and try to enjoy myself for a little while. Escape the crap that waterfalls in real life. I don't see anything here, or anywhere else for that matter, to get our undies in a bunch about.

Take the internet rooms as they are and adapt to them or they will be nothing but a pit of trouble. There is always going to be someone who wants to poke someone else just because they can. Let the moderators take care of it and stay out of it, is the best advise I can offer.

Nuff said by me - I gotta get back to work.

Keep Smokin ya'll

We should be here for the good of each other. If that's not your goal, then move on, go somehere else and cause trouble.

Cause trouble, gee, I wonder why I wish to move on? God Bless you my friend, please find it in your heart to forgive what is in my mind that is is not in "your mind, which is the correct thing to think"

preciated that Joe.........but I was just saying, mods are dropping like flies........I, in no way, meant to represent you left because of problems here........But i was asked to step up for Ron, and I did, not by Ron by ANY means.........but some of the same stuff is happening now, that drove off some other fine members several months ago.......I am just trying to stop that from happening again.........but it has.......Terry is one of the casualties, plus i have had others email me, telling me they are fed up with the back biting..........I am just trying to nip it in the bud......before we lose anymore fine members........thats ALL this thread is/was about. Sure, i could just ignore it, bury my head in the sand, but i love this site TOO MUCH, to let it happen ANYMORE...........thats all i was trying to get over. Sorry if i ruffled some feathers, was NOT my TOTAL purpose..........but no one else was stepping up to the plate........so once again, Walking Dude is/was the bad*ss in some folks eyes..........oh well........i am just trying to keep some of the BEST MEMBERS FROM LEAVING do to all this........I WILL NOT BURY MY HEAD IN THE SAND, and let this continue without airing in out in the public.........because doing behind the scenes, wasn't doing anything but burying the problem.......the festering. Some folks didn't/dont see it. But i have, now for the SECOND time........i didn't stand up the first time........but i am NOT going to let it happen again.......before it festers too the point, it can't be saved. I may be overstating some things, but i have had too many members pointing this out, to ignore. So once again, I will point this stuff out, if nothing else, just to get SOMEONE to sit up and take notice.

Crap, got up on the soapbox once again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky