Intro

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Settertude Smokin'

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 5, 2021
Howdy folks--I run English Setters, pick a guitar, ride a Harley, love Jesus and like any red-blooded American been grilling since shortly after my beard started growing. I've been mostly a Weber guy and currently use a gas grill for grilling and two years back--bought a Weber Smokey Mountain. Since--its turned out some eatable cooks and old Sett has developed a world famous rub--loved by all and available to none.

Anyway--I'm about over the gas grill and the "one who must be obeyed" agrees. She is a tad smarter than me.
So--I'm looking at a charcoal/wood fired combo grill and smoker that won't break the bank of this Oklahoman migrated from NH enjoying the mostly lack of snow and polar vortexes.

Whatchagot?

LOL! That is one heck of a intro. Welcome Sir to the forums from Mississippi. Hang tight, you'll get plenty of opinions here shortly.
Jim

Reactions: PPG1
Welcome aboard, you'll learn alot from the folks here... A Ryman Setter runner here.

Welcome aboard, you'll learn alot from the folks here... A Ryman Setter runner here.
Yup--we owned a Ryman/Old Hemlock orange Belton--Bromley was a heck of a dog. I've had a couple Llews, which is what I have now.
Big difference the northern NE woods and the prairie out here.

Welcome from Middle TN. Your WSM can be used as a grill as well.

I suppose, but it would be a hassle getting stuff out and I have the 14" version. Anyway--I have a hankering for an off-set with more surface and that firebox that can be used as a grill.
I am willing to learn, though.
:-)

Welcome from Iowa! Loved your into as well! Can't help ya with your smoker decision. Just make sure to post pics, we love food pics... pet pics work also!

Ryan

• Love
Reactions: Settertude Smokin'
Welcome from Iowa! Loved your into as well! Can't help ya with your smoker decision. Just make sure to post pics, we love food pics... pet pics work also!

Ryan
Super burgers from a couple nights ago.
Sliced Bourbon ham, ground beef and either American or pepper jack cheese.
Yummy.
superburger.jpeg

Dang those look great! Just showed them to my wife... she said add an egg and ya have breakfast! I like how she thinks!

Ryan
Yup--my better half loves these. I get extra points when I cook 'em. Its really better to seal the ham in with a slice of cheese on the burger and then on the ham. If ya like onion or shrooms, then slap em between the layers and let the cheeses seal them in, too.
A wee horseradish employed don't hurt.
:-)

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky