Injecting different meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I keep things pretty simple.

I like to inject my pork shoulders with apple juice and BBQ rub.

For chicken...I don't usually inject. Instead I marinate or brine it in a basic solution of water, sugar & salt/BBQ rub. I also like to marinate chicken in Italian dressing and occasionally some of that cajun/creole butter stuff.

Beef (if/when I inject) usually gets a watered down solution of worshy sauce mixed with some spices (onion powder, garlic powder, etc.).

I prsonally have never injected anything I planned to smoke. But I have heard many of the folks here like to inject things like honey, itlalian (strained) dressing, cajun spices and differant spice concoctions into their butts. Now I have injected my turkeys but those have been the ones that I have fried.

For poultry (have used on both chicken and turkey)
-2 cloves of garlic
-half a shallot or some onion powder
-EV olive oil
-juice from half a lemon
-a few dashes of Crystal hot sauce (or whatever brand you prefer)

Just blend it all together until the garlic is super small it's almost liquified. Tastes great! I don't measure, so no idea on how much OO, I just eyeball it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky