In honor of cheeseburger day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
Unbeknownst to me when i decided to make burgers using my Asian spice mix that it was national cheese burger day, easy enough to fix since i have some of my smoked cheeses left. so here we go.
The mix (recipe is posted under Asian mix).
DSCF3363.JPG

80% lean ground beef (the only one to use) with mix
DSCF3365.JPG
the patties (100 grams each)
DSCF3366.JPG
on the griddle
DSCF3367.JPG
the flip
DSCF3369.JPG

finished with smoked horseradish cheddar.
DSCF3372.JPG
Everything worked out well.

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks great and the Spice sounds good too. Just curious, why the CI Grill on, what looks like, your Gas Grill?...JJ

That's a fine way to celebrate National Cheeseburger day. Good Job.

Point for sure
Chris

why the CI Grill on, what looks like, your Gas Grill?...JJ
no it's just a griddle. i use that because i have lost too many burgers through the greats.
i would love an independent opinion on the spice mix, as i said i have posted it here

5 pieces star anise
1 tsp red pepper flake
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1 tbsp turmeric
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp Basel

I think you got something there...Can't help but notice, no Garlic, an Asian Staple. White or Black Pepper would go well and a touch, 1/4tsp Cumin would not hurt, keeping in line with the Pan-Asian theme...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky