I'm in the wrong line of work!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
My folks had a bunch of people over for the Superbowl yesterday. Mom picked up some pulled pork from a local joint, and it was 17 freaking dollars a LB! I feel guilty when I pay over $2.50 a lb. for a pork shoulder. Yea I know, they did the prep work, but this was the take out price. I asked her if she had to fill out a credit app for the 4 lbs. she ordered!

I'm not sure that is too far out of line, Dave. It's not the cost of the meat but the persons time and they deserve a good wage. I hope the crowd ate well and had a good time.

Reactions: culpepersmoke
My folks had a bunch of people over for the Superbowl yesterday. Mom picked up some pulled pork from a local joint, and it was 17 freaking dollars a LB! I feel guilty when I pay over $2.50 a lb. for a pork shoulder. Yea I know, they did the prep work, but this was the take out price. I asked her if she had to fill out a credit app for the 4 lbs. she ordered!
You missed a golden opportunity to be the good son Dave. You could have charged your parents 14.00/lb plus meat, and saved them a dollar per pound. :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

Chris

Insane.... Worst I have ever seen was $60 bucks for a 1 gallon tub of potato salad....and it was nit even good potato salad......
I hope it wasn't a take-n-bake potato salad similar to the t-n-b pizza's at our local grocer.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
You missed a golden opportunity to be the good son Dave. You could have charged your parents 14.00/lb plus meat, and saved them a dollar per pound. :emoji_wink::emoji_laughing:

Chris
It was a last minute get together. I wish I could have made the Q. I'm the only family member that likes this hobby, and I enjoy smoking/grilling meals for them. Next time, I'm going to provide the BBQ if I have the time to fire up the smoker.
I'm not sure that is too far out of line, Dave. It's not the cost of the meat but the persons time and they deserve a good wage. I hope the crowd ate well and had a good time.
I know. I guess it's the sign of the times, and the fact I'm getting older. Ain't nothing cheap these days. We did eat well, and enjoyed each other's company. That's what really mattered.

Reactions: Colin1230
Oh man, you could have been the star of the show walking thru your folks front door with five pounds of PP Dave! I recently saw that menu for Franklin's BBQ $30 lb for brisket, $25 for PP, the sides were a small fortune. Be ready next year! RAY

Most places around here (Austin) are pushing $30/pound brisket. Pulled pork is in the low $20s. It's crazy.

That’s nuts when you think about how many you could cook at a time on a good sized smoker. And how easy pulled pork is to make.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky