I'M DONE SMOKING!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hendertucky, Nv.
CIGARETTES! Been 4 years this month, cold turkey. The only smoking I'm doing is on this forum.
icon_cool.gif

congrats! i gave up cigs the week after i saw my dad take his last breath......literally. i still enjoy cigars but i think the 1.5 pks/day were too much.

Congratulations and stick with it!  I can't begin to tell you what it's like to run out of breath just walking from the house to the garage.  I quit cold turkey about a year and a half ago, but it was too late.  COPD big time.  If you need more help or encouragement, feel free to PM me. 

icon_cool.gif

Congrats and stick to it too. I would crack that 3rd pack everyday and I been done for 7 years now. The doctor told me if I wanted to see my wife for long I'd better. I kinda like her too.

I've been smoke free for almost 4 months after 28 years of smoking. Must have quit 6 times over the years. This time is for good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to all for quitting i can't remember exactly when I quit cigs-maybe 10 years? I was on the smokeless for a while which was twice as hard to quit IMO. Smoked a pipe too got rid of all them.

Finally Quit cold turkey Jan 3, 2008, on my 59th Birthday.

Had some encouragement from a CTscan.

Quit chainsaw carving at same time.

Bearcarver

Congrats to all who have QUIT !

Last edited:
I quit 25 years ago after smoking for over 25 years and I have never looked back. I still smell a cigarette and it smells good but am not tempted to go back

Congrats man -

Congrats, for a minute, I thought you were giving up BBQ.
Me Too!!! I thought we were going to have to have an intervention...to talk you off the ledge...heeheheh...But hey, congrats on the No Smoking of Cigarettes!!! And YEah to the More Smoking of Meats!!!!

Hang in there!!! Dont let your guard down....
[h2]And NOOOO standing with your head in the smoker...Inhaling!!!!!!! hehe[/h2]

Me Too!!! I thought we were going to have to have an intervention...to talk you off the ledge...heeheheh...But hey, congrats on the No Smoking of Cigarettes!!! And YEah to the More Smoking of Meats!!!!

Hang in there!!! Dont let your guard down....
[h2]And NOOOO standing with your head in the smoker...Inhaling!!!!!!! hehe[/h2]
That's funny! I can't even stand the smell of cigarettes anymore but hickory, now that's a sweet smell!
icon_cool.gif

That's funny! I can't even stand the smell of cigarettes anymore but hickory, now that's a sweet smell!
icon_cool.gif

Wish I could say that!

It's been 2 1/2 years for me, and I still love the smell of a cigarette.

Smoked for 46 years----averaged 2 packs per day.

Went to Vietnam smoking 1/2 pack per day. Came back smoking 3 packs.

Free in C-rations----$1.50 per carton at PX.

Bear

You quit four years ago?? So why are you making post sound like you just quit? lol want a cookie? I quit 4 years ago too

Congrats to all the quiters, more room to breath in the aroma of real wood giving flavor to real food.

I was one of those that quit smoking when I moved out of my parents house.  My father still smokes like a chimney.  I ask him to quit and he replies 'anyone can quit smoking it takes a real man to face death'. I remind him his granddaughter would like him to be around to see her get married.  Sad really.

Very hard for all those involved.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky