I'm Confused

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes I see it all and I'm told by my one daughter who is a teacher's aid.
Like going to the store they just hand a hand full of change and say the amount. :emoji_astonished:

Warren
My favorite thing used to be putting me hand over the small screen on their POS (Point of Sale) and asking them to count back my change.
Better yet is letting them punch in the amount and then adding change.

I spent about an hour today trying to explain simple algebra to my cousins. They are my age (60's) which is really really sad. I guess fruit doesn't fall far from the tree?

Had a 9th grader in my shop - I was showing him how to carve a Christmas gift for his mom. He had no idea how to read a tape measure and didn't know the answer to 1/2"+1/2". I'm sure fraction to decimal would be science fiction to him

Drive a stickshift? Hah! Nobody but ricers and tractor operators.know how to do that.

My phone is just a flip phone. Funny thing is, I look at the old Star Trek episodes, and their "communicators" are basically flip phones.

Hey Blue even the tractors are automatic today gps driven to lay out the rows operator just goes for the ride.

Warren

I remember when I was a rep for several sales lots a few years ago. A lot of the salespeople were young adults. I'd send out an email telling them to discount a product such and such percent. I was shocked at the amount of return emails asking how to discount something by a percentage!

Hey Blue even the tractors are automatic today gps driven to lay out the rows operator just goes for the ride.

Warren
Not totally true, autosteer (GPS) doesn't do all of it. We still have to drive it around the ends of the field (headlands). Working ground with chisel plow or field cultivator still requires manual driving to work headlands or the outer boundaries, tree rows suck.
Sure is nice to have autosteer for driving so I can eat my lunch in leisure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky