I'm Confused

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The Best method to make Smoked Pulled Pork, is to Steam the meat for 67 minutes, Roast at 500°F for 30.5 minutes, Sous Vide 6 hours, 15 minutes, then Smoke at 225.9736°F until the bone wiggles out...JJ

Extra, Extra read all about it. Newest way to make Smoked Pulled Pork. Fresh from Emporium PA Free Press.

:emoji_laughing::emoji_blush::emoji_sunglasses:

Chris

:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:
Man JJ that's awesome but I'm still not sold on the SV thing.

Warren

Sorry Bro, but you are screwed. Without the SV Step, the molecular decomposition of ionic peptides won't happen at the same rate as the Maillard Reactions molecular magnetic polar inversion. The Myoglobin Proteins won't coalesce. Bottom line the Pork won't Pull...JJ

78d896dc-e00e-4ebf-a039-3e963ce3ceab.png

:emoji_laughing:

not a lefty

As a lefty, I am all too familiar with this. Pretty much my hand all through grade school.

Man, this thread has got me feeling old. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Grand Torino
I have a M1 Garand and a 1911 ,,, drink PBR some times . Used to drive a 72 Grand Torino sport .
One thing not said here , is the common sense and problem solving is being breed out of our youth .
Give them an address and a street guide ,,,, the number of times I called the shop to see where I was workin that day . Head out in the dark with an address and a street guide , and better be there on time .
Last job I ran , young kid workin for me , had to ask him , Is that what I asked you to do ? ,,,, No ,,,, well why are you doin it like that ,,, The dude starts crying . I had to give him a hug to get him to start workin again .

Whenever I read about millenials, my blood pressure rises. My wife still has to manage them, and more than half just don't get the work ethic drive. They want everything without the effort.

Age wise, my kids are millennials, but they were home-schooled thru 8th grade, combining a couple of years into one. When it was time to go to high school, the school administration wanted to put them in 8th grade. We said, "Test them." The administrator gave them the 10th grade completion test, expecting them to fail to meet standards. They passed in the 97th percentile. When we said we'll just get them a GED and send them to community college, the administrator agreed to allow them into high school in the IB program (look it up if interested) instead of losing the daily attendance allowance.

They played sports as soon as they could run, and continued through university. They were raised to be self-sufficient and independent. They learned to drive on a stick-shift. We dropped them off at university housing four months before their 18th birthday. They graduated in four years.

My wife and I always said we weren't raising kids, we were raising adults. We ingrained into them that every choice has rewards and consequences, and to weigh their options before acting. And so far they are both doing well in life. They've had their successes and failures, but always learn the lesson.

They HATE being labeled millenials because they are so different from their peers.

Should the young'uns be taught how to:

Hitch/drive/ride a horse/buggy? Screw horses,ride a motorcycle,drive a car.

At a minimum, learn to drive a standard transmission.

Better yet, learn to drive an Aircooled VW Beetle. :D
Power NOTHING.
Feel EVERYTHING.

This was by far one of the greatest lessons in driving I have ever had. (And still enjoy to this day) :emoji_wink:

At a minimum, learn to drive a standard transmission.

Better yet, learn to drive an Aircooled VW Beetle. :D
Power NOTHING.
Feel EVERYTHING.

This was by far one of the greatest lessons in driving I have ever had. (And still enjoy to this day) :emoji_wink:

Buddy of mine, put a Porsche Engine in his Beetle and some high profile, wide tires, Goodyear, bias, N50's, for you old guys. That thing would pull Wheelies every time he stomped the gas. At the time, late 70's, it could out run the newer Yettes!...JJ

Reactions: SGMan
Buddy of mine, put a Porsche Engine in his Beetle and some high profile, wide tires, Goodyear, bias, N50's, for you old guys. That thing would pull Wheelies every time he stomped the gas. At the time, late 70's, it could out run the newer Yettes!...JJ

Type 4 power is almost unrivaled in the aircooled world.
Type 4 with a turbo attached is sickening.

Out at the local track here, Ive seen bugs with Subaru engines and even one with a rotary (Wankel) in it. The problem with these designs is they had to run the plumbing for a radiator (Its no longer an aircooled engine)
But boy are they FAST!

Gotta agree with everything said.
Any time I buy kids their first watch, its got hands on it. I tell them, when you can tell time on that, I'll buy you a nice digital--they all learn to tell time.
Same thing when I pay for their driver training--it has to include driving a standard as well as an autamatic.
Miss Linda is a Director for the Drayton Valley Historical Society. She went to one of the local schools this week to see the history projects the Grade 1 class had worked on. She said that on every desk sat a laptop computer--no wonder they can't write.
Have to admit I'm a techno dino. Wouldn't break my heart if we lost the vast majority of it. That said, without modern technology in the medical field, I'd be dead by now. WTF, I've lived 35 years longer than I expected to anyway. LOL.
Gary

If they would just learn to drive and pay attention to the driving and not their cell phones or the radio.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky