Illinois Group!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
 Think that IL is all small town. I'm in wee little one to at the border of Illinois and Indiana  which is only a stone though away. I'm in Sheldon.

Hello Everyone:

My name is Lloyd and I'm in Belleville, IL (they call it Southern Illinois, however I kind of question that).  I've been smoking meat since I could walk almost.  First smoke ribs were at age 8, and we actually at them (smiling).  I have a WSM 22.5", a Charbroiler stick bunrer (soon to be replaced by a Shirley Fabrication trailer model), and a little electric smoker.  Hope you all have a wonderful day and rest of the year.  Good to see other Illinois smokers on the Forum all in one place.

Lloyd

Hello Everyone:

My name is Lloyd and I'm in Belleville, IL (they call it Southern Illinois, however I kind of question that).  I've been smoking meat since I could walk almost.  First smoke ribs were at age 8, and we actually at them (smiling).  I have a WSM 22.5", a Charbroiler stick bunrer (soon to be replaced by a Shirley Fabrication trailer model), and a little electric smoker.  Hope you all have a wonderful day and rest of the year.  Good to see other Illinois smokers on the Forum all in one place.

Lloyd
Hey I'm not to far from you, I'm in Valmeyer. Heyo!!!

Reactions: coakleysbbqsauc
Good morning from deep Southern Illinois.  Live about 25 miles from KY.  Haven't noticed anyone on here from so far south.  Thought I'd join in just so you know we have computers and internet service down here! Looking forward to lots of great info from my brothers in the prairie state (though we don't have prairies down here - all hills and hollers!).

Reactions: salukidawg
Hey from Southern Illinois! Live in Belleville and work in Red Bud. Getting ready to start fabrication on my first smoker. Totally new to the craft of smoking meat and excited to learn!

Reactions: salukidawg
New to the forums.  I don't have an actual smoker yet, just doing what I can with smoker boxes and foil pouches on a kingsford rectangular grill.  Planning to get a WSM early next year and start hitting it hard next Spring.  I am from Central IL, Decatur...to be exact.

Hi ! Just joined this group. Looking forward to learning what  I can about smoke cooking. Think I've found the place. To introduce myself, my name is J.J.Faust; live in Decatur, Recently bought a "Lang 60" Mobil Smoker (Aug '16) . Have used it twice so far, and I'm quite pleased with it. It's in "rust prevention" mode at this writing (storing in garage). I started this hobby while residing in Wichita, Ks. Had a 10' homemade smoker on a 15' trailer; also homemade. This beast provided smoked meat for fellow workers as well as neighbor "get-to-gathers". I must confess, I didn't know didley about smoke cooking 'til found this site. Jeff Phillips has put together a "dynamite" website. Thanks, Jeff. Look forward to trading ideas and recipes in the future !!  Newbie:  J.J.Faust.aka Smokin Joe 70.

'

Hi there everyone! Signing in from Decatur, anyone else excited for the Decatur's Smokin BBQ Festival? Is anyone competing this year? I thought about it, but I'm not very comfortable with ribs yet. Might practice and enter next year!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky