• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Illinois Group!

mikedgrillguy

Joined May 2, 2015
 Think that IL is all small town. I'm in wee little one to at the border of Illinois and Indiana  which is only a stone though away. I'm in Sheldon.

Joined Aug 18, 2015
Hello Everyone:

My name is Lloyd and I'm in Belleville, IL (they call it Southern Illinois, however I kind of question that).  I've been smoking meat since I could walk almost.  First smoke ribs were at age 8, and we actually at them (smiling).  I have a WSM 22.5", a Charbroiler stick bunrer (soon to be replaced by a Shirley Fabrication trailer model), and a little electric smoker.  Hope you all have a wonderful day and rest of the year.  Good to see other Illinois smokers on the Forum all in one place.

Lloyd

thomas phillips

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 3, 2012

Hello Everyone:

My name is Lloyd and I'm in Belleville, IL (they call it Southern Illinois, however I kind of question that).  I've been smoking meat since I could walk almost.  First smoke ribs were at age 8, and we actually at them (smiling).  I have a WSM 22.5", a Charbroiler stick bunrer (soon to be replaced by a Shirley Fabrication trailer model), and a little electric smoker.  Hope you all have a wonderful day and rest of the year.  Good to see other Illinois smokers on the Forum all in one place.

Lloyd
Hey I'm not to far from you, I'm in Valmeyer. Heyo!!!

muralboy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 17, 2015
Hey gang,  I've been on the forum since June and just found the group.  Smoking it up in the NW burbs of Chicago.

smokifugotem

Joined Dec 4, 2015
Good morning from deep Southern Illinois.  Live about 25 miles from KY.  Haven't noticed anyone on here from so far south.  Thought I'd join in just so you know we have computers and internet service down here! Looking forward to lots of great info from my brothers in the prairie state (though we don't have prairies down here - all hills and hollers!).

alesmoker

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 21, 2016
Hey from Southern Illinois! Live in Belleville and work in Red Bud. Getting ready to start fabrication on my first smoker. Totally new to the craft of smoking meat and excited to learn!

birdman080

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 4, 2016
New to the forums.  I don't have an actual smoker yet, just doing what I can with smoker boxes and foil pouches on a kingsford rectangular grill.  Planning to get a WSM early next year and start hitting it hard next Spring.  I am from Central IL, Decatur...to be exact.

pops pit

Joined Oct 17, 2016
New to the group howdy from Cisne. Building  a smoker from a 500 gallon tank hope to finish it soon and get to smoking.

smokin joe 70

Joined Feb 1, 2017
Hi ! Just joined this group. Looking forward to learning what  I can about smoke cooking. Think I've found the place. To introduce myself, my name is J.J.Faust; live in Decatur, Recently bought a "Lang 60" Mobil Smoker (Aug '16) . Have used it twice so far, and I'm quite pleased with it. It's in "rust prevention" mode at this writing (storing in garage). I started this hobby while residing in Wichita, Ks. Had a 10' homemade smoker on a 15' trailer; also homemade. This beast provided smoked meat for fellow workers as well as neighbor "get-to-gathers". I must confess, I didn't know didley about smoke cooking 'til found this site. Jeff Phillips has put together a "dynamite" website. Thanks, Jeff. Look forward to trading ideas and recipes in the future !!  Newbie:  J.J.Faust.aka Smokin Joe 70.

'

adam87

Joined Aug 17, 2017
Hi there everyone! Signing in from Decatur, anyone else excited for the Decatur's Smokin BBQ Festival? Is anyone competing this year? I thought about it, but I'm not very comfortable with ribs yet. Might practice and enter next year!

papagrizz

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 28, 2011
I'm a bit late to the Party, I just found this thread. After living in Arkansas for the past 25 years I moved back to "The Peoples Republic Of Illinois" to get closer to my family before I take a Dirt Nap.
Living the dream and smoking in Oglesby, Il.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.