I'll be gone for most of the summer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Well, I'm going to miss a whole lot of good smoking weather this year.  
th_crybaby2.gif

Due to the oil patch being in the sewer, there's not much call for an oil patch gravel hauler--as in none.  So I've lined up a road construction contract for my truck hauling asphalt to a paver for the summer and fall.  Unfortunately, the work is all about a 6 hour drive from home. So I'll be moteling it for the summer.  We'll be working 12 to 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, 21 days on and 3 days off--just not enough time left over to come home more than once every 3 weeks.  Neither Miss Linda nor I are real crazy about the idea, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Bills don't stop for anybody.

So post lots of qview to tide me over.

I'll still be on the forum------just not smoking.

Gary

Gary, sorry to hear ya have to be away from home & not be able to fire up the smoker much ! Be safe & do check in when ya can ! You all hang in & take care my friend !

Stay Safe and with luck, you will find some Smoked Meat near the Motel. Gotta by more Smoke Nuts than You, Disco and the Bluebombersfan in Canada!...JJ

Gary stay safe! Your doing what you have to,to take care of your family.That makes you man I am proud to call a friend.

Richie

Hey Gary....  That doesn't leave much time for working on the truck....   What are you doing there....

Stay Safe and with luck, you will find some Smoked Meat near the Motel. Gotta by more Smoke Nuts than You, Disco and the Bluebombersfan in Canada!...JJ

Hey JJ. I know this won't tell you much, but I'll be in the Grande Prairie/Peace River area, so maybe we have some members up around there.

Gary

Gary stay safe! Your doing what you have to,to take care of your family.That makes you man I am proud to call a friend.
Richie

Thanks Richie. Some things just have to be done. Bad part is that I'll just finish this job in time to head north to haul logs all winter. Oh well...

Gary

Hey Gary....  That doesn't leave much time for working on the truck....   What are you doing there....

Hey Dave. The good part is that I can park the truck and trailer right at the Motel so it's convenient for servicing and quick repairs.

Hauling hot asphalt to the highway paver machine is pretty easy on the truck compared to hauling gravel into oil leases way back in the Bush.

Gary

Hey Buddy, Glad your busy. and Stay Safe. 

Gary (the other one)

Hey Gary,

Sorry to hear that you won't be around much this summer.

But your taking care of your family & that's what real men do.

I'm proud to have you as a friend.

Al

Sorry to hear you won't be near the smoker, but ya gotta do what  ya gotta do...

Stay safe!

Hey Gary,

Sorry to hear that you won't be around much this summer.

But your taking care of your family & that's what real men do.

I'm proud to have you as a friend.

Al
Thank you, Al.  Neither Miss Linda nor I are real happy about this, but we kind of  got used to eating EVERY day, so...................LOL.    I'll get home every once in a while and be able to do a fast smoke, so that'll help.

Gary

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky